• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My GE6 Jazz- Mugen'd/ J's Racing'd

CTR OEM wheel in Anthracite always look good, but these look really good...

j6.jpg

Hmm, mixed feelings, on one side Gary enjoys modding his cars.. but on the other I feel a pointless exercise doing it to a Jazz...

I know theres some mixed opinions about me modding my Jazz but I'm not too bothered as its something I enjoy- as most of us do/ have done on the Civic.

Changed the gear knob to a DC2 one and purchased that off Nick which he had polished and had a "Spoon" ti-blue effect.

Before

DSC00118.jpg

After

DSC00120.jpg

DSC00121.jpg

DSC00122.jpg

Its not quite straight atm- I guess I may have to get a nut from Honda as I know they had this on the EP3but tbh, it doesnt bother me that much.

The gear change is some much nicer and feel better as the gear knnob itself is pretty heavy. Either way, I love it!

More update/ pics will be posted soon as and when parts arrive :cool:

Gary

Thanks Sun!

Like I said, I purchased it off Nick- aka Hasnic who did it but I'm more than happy with it

:smt023

Mugen pedals installed

DSC00127.jpg

Clutch pedal seems slightly off so will see how I get on but most likely redo them when I get a chance. Heel and toe is pretty good fun now :p

J's Racing front strut bar

DSC00227.jpg

DSC00232.jpg

Had a bit of a nightmare fitting the strut bar but got there in the end (1.5hrs!!!). Cornering is definitely more "planted" now so all good. However, my best mate (mechanic) who helped me fit this wasnt that impressed with it and tbh, its not really a point to point strut bar so will see how I get on with this as to whether to keep it or not.

Also tried to fit the recaros but encountered major problems taking the seat off the original (Evo) subframe so will have to wait a couple more weeks til we both have time off work to tackle it again.

Thanks again to James for sorting me out with the goods :smt023

Looks very nice though Gary, J's are known for not being the best point to point braces, but hey its better than not having one there.

There's something I like about modifying slower cars... shame ur having a sprog, it would no doubt go well with no interior!

Good work sir.

uuurgh, sorry... it happens when I'm typing fast sometimes.

I have an Idea... If it annoys you and the forum users that much, to stop people like me who usually have good grammar but have fast fingers and are therefore prone to the odd lazy textual slip... why don't you add some swearing type corrections? Ie if someone types a 'u', change it automatically to you? 'ur' to your etc etc

I don't know about most people, but it's rare i proof read anything I write on here so I won't pick up when I drop any txt spk. l8rz yo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update

6/10/10

Recaro finally in (on Bride rails) 8)

DSC00272.jpg

DSC00276.jpg

DSC00274.jpg

Just took a few pics on my phone so will get better ones when i get a chance but i LOVE them!!

Had so much trouble getting the original seat rails off but finally got them done last week.

Also got a resistor kit from Capital Seating for the air bag plug and luckily got another friend who knows his stuff and he did the whole thing for me which i'm very greatful.

I think next up is some wheels and think that will be it for the time being methinks.

Those seats look fudging awesome Gary, damn good choice :D .

What are they out of ???

They look great Gary. 8)

May I ask where you go the seats from? edit> Evo8 MR. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Those seats look fudging awesome Gary, damn good choice :D .

What are they out of ???

They look great Gary. 8)

May I ask where you go the seats from? edit> Evo8 MR. :D

As Raj correctly pointed out, the recaros are from an Evo8 MR 320 or 340- cant remember but as you can see, they are the all black ones that were available for the "higher spec" models. Think in the "normal" Evo8, they had the black and blue scheme on the recaro? I prefered the all black to go with the interior.

As for the K-Swap, would love to do it one day, once I've grown some balls to get it pass Susan :oops: :lol:

Back