• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My GE6 Jazz- Mugen'd/ J's Racing'd

Few more recaro pics

DSC00283.jpg

DSC00285.jpg

DSC00271.jpg

Just took a few pics on my phone so will get better ones when i get a chance but i LOVE them!!

11/10/10

K&N panel filter

DSC00280.jpg

DSC00282.jpg

I bought the K&N after reading about it from another member on the Jazz forum and thought I'd give it a try.

Slightly more induction noise as expected but not too loud, but have noticed slight more torque. If i had to compare- it would be like when I had the R and changed the standard to the Comptech Icebox lol

Ball is in Rarerim's court- made the offer on the Works so just waiting to hear back about that.

If not, then will get the Spec R in the next few months.

Off to HK towards the end of November so need spending money towards that first before the wheels.

Ideally like to brings a set of wheels back but doubt Susan will let me lol

Gary,

Noticed that you've put nothing up for months.. Hows the Jazz going?

i'm giving serious consideration to getting one after all i've seen recently.

Hey Dave,

Tbh, there has been little progress since my last update, and also whenever I do do an update, I tend to get slated and some of you guys say I'm wasting my money etc.

However, I'm just going to continue regardless :lol:

I've got some Enkei NT03 with Toyo T1R 205/50/15 about 4-5 weeks ago now and they are ready to go on but I was waiting for my 2nd service to be done before putting them on as I didnt want to take the risk of the dealership kerbing them.

I did test fit them when I first got them (just the one wheel) to see what they look like and how much they stick out by ( the NT03 are ET35, and I think to sit in line with the bodywork, its ET37), and I couldnt decide whether to fit the wheels with black Ray nuts or blue 5zigen ones.

Anyways, here are some pics:

DSC00400.jpg

DSC00397.jpg

and this is how much the wheels stick out (view from above looking down)

DSC00403.jpg

More pics can be found in my photobucket account

How long you out in Singapore/ Far East?

Any chance bring some bits for me lol

I think I just need a complete bodykit to finish off (mainly side skirts and rear lip bumper) but Mugen are too expensive- they wanted £1k just for 3 bits of plastic and thats not even painted! so my only option is to import them from places like Singapore (where I got my front lip) but will be looking around £600 shipped plus customs then painting and fitting on top which will be another £200-300.

Gary

Those wheels stick out way too far, you've going to have to run pretty big camber to get them to work. :eek:

Those wheels will never pass an MOT! :lol:

Looks good, but as GRRR says, I'm not so keen on the width of the wheels.

I'm here in Jakarta until Tuesday, then out to coast of Papua for a few days, aledgedly called FakFak. I get back from there by the end of next week then it's Brunai for a while before going to Malaysia before a stop off in Singapore (prob 6hrs) before going back to the UK. I think that i'm going home about the 16th or 30th April as I'm needed for presentations in Aberdeen, but will be back in June! :twisted:

As for your parts, i think this time round is a nogo due to time that I have, but depending on what your after..

Those wheels stick out way too far, you've going to have to run pretty big camber to get them to work. :eek:

Those wheels will never pass an MOT! :lol:

-2deg will pull those back in, it's not that bad.

Sorry to be a complete noobie but can someone care to explain why?

IIRC, we had some Oz wheels on Susan's C2 GT which stuck out slightly (maybe similar to the above) and we never had any problems with tyre wear or mot.

Confused.com

Gary

Just been searching and the rims are allowed to stick out further than the body but the tyre tread must be under the arch

I actually really like this Gary! The NT03's look ace and as others said, a little bit of -ve camber will sort them right out. A k swap would turn this into a very special car indeed.......;)

I take it you have seen Gerry from Performance Tek's k20 supercharged jazz?

Last edited by a moderator:
:(

I'm in a right pickle now.

Would changing the tyres to say 175/65/15 improve things? I guess the main thing is the fact that the tyre is sticking out of the bodywork so changing them to a small width should be ok?

Gary, from the pictures, the tyre wall is fairly flush to the alloy, so the problem lies with the wheels and not the tyres. They're just too big for the car.

The only realistic fix you've got for this is either to change the wheels or to widen the arches.

Back