• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My GE6 Jazz- Mugen'd/ J's Racing'd

Actually, the tyre is "over" the alloys (rim protection?) so say you placed a long flat object, say a long ruler, the ruler does not come into contact with the alloy at all.

This could be the reason why it sticks out of the bodywork so much?

I would imagine the effect of changing to a narrower tyre would be minimal. To totally sort this, you'll need to play with camber or as Jermal said, change the wheels

p.s. I had another look at the pic after Jermal's comment. I didn't realise how extreme it was first time round :oops:

You could always switch wheels back to standard when it comes to MOT time to get through and just have to hope the cops don't take too much notice the rest of the year. I quite like it but it looks like your building towards a scene style slammed suspension and stretched tyres with nuff camber and all the emphasis on 'stance'. Hopefully that's not completely the case, however a little bit of lows + wideish wheels looks pretty good on the Jazz IMO.

Actually, the tyre is "over" the alloys (rim protection?) so say you placed a long flat object, say a long ruler, the ruler does not come into contact with the alloy at all.

This could be the reason why it sticks out of the bodywork so much?

I think you're clutching at straws here pal. Look at the birds eye picture picture of the wheel and it's a lot more than just rim protector that's sticking out!

... but it looks like your building towards a scene style slammed suspension and stretched tyres with nuff camber and all the emphasis on 'stance'. Hopefully that's not completely the case, however a little bit of lows + wideish wheels looks pretty good on the Jazz IMO.

Nope, i was just after some nice wheels to go on the Jazz !

MOT states that you mustn't have any tread visible from a birds eye view. My mini is worse than this and never been knocked back from an MOT.

Camber is effectively the angle of contact between the tread of your tyre and the road, so minus camber will move the top of the wheel into the wheel arch and the bottom of the wheel further out. -neg camber is good for handling and bad for tyre wear.

Only to a point. Eventually its bad for handling too!

Exactly. It also depends on how fast you're travelling as to how effective the negative camber is before it makes the handling worse. No offence to Gary, but his Jazz isn't going to skin many GTR's and is a car not built for performance. therefore that degree of negative camber will only have a detrimental effect.

Exactly. It also depends on how fast you're travelling as to how effective the negative camber is before it makes the handling worse. No offence to Gary, but his Jazz isn't going to skin many GTR's and is a car not built for performance. therefore that degree of negative camber will only have a detrimental effect.

Aye... and that amount of tyre sticking out would need probably upwards of 5° of neg camber- too much for any road car

No offence to Gary, but his Jazz isn't going to skin many GTR's and is a car not built for performance. therefore that degree of negative camber will only have a detrimental effect.

None taken :p

Getting too technical in here with degrees, camber, toe so I will just put them on later this week (most likely tomorrow) and run with them for a week or so and assess them and see how I get on.

Will also pop to my local Honda dealership and see what they say as they've been keen and interested with the progress on my GE :cool:

Like I said, my mini is worse and it's never been knocked back for an MOT for that reason. Just try and find a friendly MOT tester who will kindly forget to check ;)

Well, I know its not everyone's cuppa tea but I've finally fitted them yesterday

Heres some pics

DSC00438.jpg

DSC00431.jpg

DSC00437.jpg

DSC00435.jpg

DSC00436.jpg

DSC00434.jpg

More in my photobucket account (link on first page)

As mentioned in my test fit, the front sticks out slightly (and cue the 2 pages of it being mot fail etc) but surprisingly, the rear doesnt stick out at all (imo) but i will be popping to my local Honda dealer at lunchtime as they carry our my servicing and mot needs and i know the guys very well and see what they say

Gary

Nice one Gary, nuts look good. I'm not personally liking the wheels, They look a touch too small/car needs lowering slightly. I think you'll be fine at MOT- I doubt they would even check.

Agreed Joe.

As strange as this may sound but one of the main reason why I wanted "bigger" wheels is to reduce the gap between wheel and arches.

For the price of 16" tyres, I may as well get 17" (could possibly get cheaper 17" tyres than 16") but I've tried a couple of 17" that were going locally and the ones I tired all rubbed the inside wheel arch.

Then a lad from Civiclife contacted me asking if I would be interested in these NT03 and rest is history.

I might play around with the tyre sizes but I wont be going down the coilover route- perfectly happy with the Eibachs.

Just back from visiting my local Honda dealer.

The senior mechanic that does the MOT confirmed that the alloys/ tyres / bulge or whatever you want to call it, is fine and he has no problem passing it when the time comes so you guys got me worried for no reason #-o

All I need to do now is sort out the alignment which is booked for Thursday.

He did suggest that if I wanted to reduce the gap, then to put the oem 175/65 tyres on so might try that when the time comes to change tyres, so will wait and see.

Yeah, I get to keep my wheels :cool:

If they stick out beyond the bodywork, it can be a problem not just with your local MOT bod, but also any Plod or VOSA agent that may happen to stop you for whatever reason that is. Can just be random like.

Someone on the forum got busted with a on the road spot check by VOSA for having a decat manifold.

Back