• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My old ITR'S & New 500whp+ Accord Type R

Well ive been looking at transmission spec's from Preludes and some have really long ratio's, too long. Ive found one and with my rev limit of 8800 it would give the following speeds in the respective gears:

1st 50
2nd 85
3rd 126
4th 169
5th 199

So id need to up my rev limit to 9000rpm and that would see 204mph in 5th. Im waitng for VMAX dates and im going try and get that Prelude box, Tyres, Seat, Harness, Half (Front) Cage, Abit more power and some duck tape.....and im good to give it a try.

Im working on it tomorrow and bit on the weekend. Speaking to Radtech regards a larger core custom rad, ive no space for its size to increase apart from depth, so increase capacity and core should help.

Tomorrow and im fitting:
Front Solid Engine Mount (Have rear already on)
New Rear Arms
Ultra Racing Rear Anti Roll Bar (Maybe)
Cambelt Cover (gotta cut out for cam gears)

Saturday:
4 Wheel Alignment
Air Filter Hose Fitted & 3" Pipe
Add more heatwrap
1.3bar Rad Cap

Then Next Week:
Bonnet Work

Still keeping me busy :)

^^^^^ This.

You think 200mph is achieveable?

I have no idea, the way it pulls to 173mph is very quick and without a problem.

Gotta remember the BMW M5 is 500hp and de-limited it will hit 200mph, and alot heavier. But it has better drag factor.

The rear spoiler is not going to help the ATR but there is no chance im taking it off.

Im gonna give it ago without going crazy for it, just the above bits, and lets see what she can so, im pretty confident if it had that gearbox in it now it would pull to 190mph without a problem.

Would be something if a "externaly" stock looking ATR hit 200mph. :lol:

As said over on the accord forum, well done jay! That thing is a weapon. Now get it ran in properly with a brisk drive up to loch lomond.

:lol:

As said over on the accord forum, well done jay! That thing is a weapon. Now get it ran in properly with a brisk drive up to loch lomond.

Thanks dude!! :)

Lol from my house that would cost me approx £275 return on fuel boost!!

^^^ Best make her aware of that before he arrives I'd expect.

"Hey love, this is Jay from the forum. Oh by the way I kind of promised him a hand job from you, so best get to work"

Feck that! Jay just hand me the keys and turn to the missus , pull out your knob and shout SURPRISE :lol:

lol @ Rab. Be expensive for a hand job dude!! hahahaha :lol:

The AEM ingnition module let go on the ATR, The AA kindly took the car back to Eurospec for inspection and to change the part over. Ive asked Ben to do all the bits i was going to do on it, and fit the inline pump and turn up the boost whilst its there!! lol.

Jay

"Oh noes, somethin' is broken! Ah well, MOAR boost!" :lol:

Nice that the AA took it all that way for you though dude, I'd have expected the usual "no more than 50 miles" jobbie.

Back