• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My S/C engine rebuild

Ollie is running a different setup with the SC at top so you can retain a std intake.

Mine is a non a/c CTR anyway so it can't be done right ??, anyway told the person involved I won't be having the GruppeM so watch the For Sale section if you want one :D :D

What a decision and a commitment to make :smt023

Looking forward to the end result.

Don't forget a dedicated oil cooler for that setup either ;)

Are you doing all this work yourself ?

Are you going to sleeve the block at all or leave as is, just with the uprated bits and bobs

Best of luck with it all looks like you have some big plans ahead

Going to have a go myself, my bro is a mechanic so will probably have him lurking. To be honest rebuilding the engine is probably the only thing I haven't don to my CTR, even had the head off in 2005.

Not going to sleeve the block unless it is damaged.

Using a block guard so block should be plenty stiff enough.

After a couple of wasted weekends (weather and work) I finally started the removal of the engine today !!!, I have taken everything off including the old SC, complete exhaust, starter, alternator, all fuel connections, radiator, calipers, track rod ends etc etc etc, all I've got left tomorrow is to drop the subframe and pull the engine clear. Then stripping will commence. This I hope will be testament that it can be done on the driveway (obviously the rebuild will be done in my nice warm garage).

Let's hope for more decent weather tomorrow !!

Looking forward to some pics and reading about your progress ;)

You're a brave lad to take this on but I'm sure the sense of achievement and satisfaction will be well worth it.

Good Luck fella :smt023

Man, you are extremely brave, or stupid:lol: . Seriously, best of luck with this project. Can't wait to see the results, and the Dyno's:twisted:

I plan on doing something similar to my ITR albeit in N/A form in about 6 months or so. Get the parts, me and some mechanic mates of mine take out the engine, strip it, fit parts etc then back in she goes for tuning at System R. I think it will be more satisfying doing it that way then to pay god knows how much £££ for labour charges.

I have emailed the pics from my phone to my pc last week, still not turned up, I stripped the head today and removed the valves, at the same time I helped my mate strip the heads on his Ultima GTR V8 5.7ltr monster, for the crack I have compared valve sizes and put his pistons on my cylinder head as a comparison, b'jesus wait for the pics :twisted: :twisted:

Forgot to say, inlet valves were pretty coked but apart from that no visible cracks or damage, guides seem ok but will replace these anyway. Took about 30 mins to take valves out and remove valve stem oil seals.

I am looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Why don't you just get a bluetooth dongle and bluetooth the pics to your pc.. Best of all it's free!

You can send the pics to my phone if you like and I'll host them for you, PM for my number if you want it.

Back