• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My S15

cool i thought it would be from there his motors are top notch and well prepared. defo be goin for one next year. keep ur eyes peeled for pics! :)

So I've got my first fault with it, a turbo to manifold gasket.

Noticed the boost was down when accelerating and had it checked out at M.G. autos.
You're probably thinking that it's not a expensive thing to go wrong. Well, the £10 gasket isn't. It's the £250 labour that'll get you.

In Nissans wisdom, the whole manifold to exhaust has to come out just to get at the gasket. Great!

Mark, You get your boost back up to scratch for less than £300.00

My lorry has just had a full set of tyres fitted with a 15% discount following 5 years loyalty with the same tyre company.

1 Lorry, 10 tyres, £3450.00 inc VAT.

£10.00 gasket plus labour........Pfttttt. :lol:

Surly something like that aint hard to fit yourself. a nice clean engine so nothing difficult to concern you. Try it yourself. just take lots of photos so you dont forget what goes where and label EVERYTHING. The worst that can happen is you cant do it and you pay the £300 to get it finished.

Mark, You get your boost back up to scratch for less than £300.00

My lorry has just had a full set of tyres fitted with a 15% discount following 5 years loyalty with the same tyre company.

1 Lorry, 10 tyres, £3450.00 inc VAT.

£10.00 gasket plus labour........Pfttttt. :lol:

A snip :lol:

Surly something like that aint hard to fit yourself. a nice clean engine so nothing difficult to concern you. Try it yourself. just take lots of photos so you dont forget what goes where and label EVERYTHING. The worst that can happen is you cant do it and you pay the £300 to get it finished.

I'm not mechanically minded. Plus I don't have the tools, I'd probably do more damage than mend things

I'm not mechanically minded. Plus I don't have the tools, I'd probably do more damage than mend things

That's my way of thinking. I look at it and think "I could probably do that myself". Then I remember past attempts at doing things and just stump up the cash :)

I don't mind having a go at smaller things, I did loads of the work on the ST and I've never been afraid of getting my hands dirty. Saying that, I wouldn't ever mess with turbos and the like, just way too much to go wrong IMO. And way more expensive to fix if you do fcuk it all up.

Yeah, I'll do an air filter like my GM or wheels etc but when it comes to jacking a car up and trying to remove vital bits then I leave it to people in the know

I had an issue with my car as well. Started off a few weeks ago where the boost gauge stopped working, I've kind of just left it as I figured it would be an easy fix. I decided to take the car to work on Friday and it wasn't running brilliant, it was quite hesitant under boost. So today I ended up fixing the boost gauge, which then showed no boost. Turned out that the pipe feeding the gauge was split. :lol: Simple and cheap fix I guess. One year on and still no issues.

Whereas my Impreza turbo has just been trouble free! :cool:
Has developed a slight whine off throttle though in low gears and at low speed.... Facking cars!

Back