• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

MY06 Spec C Type RA

hehehe!
I got 160 miles out of 30 litres of 98 with my latest "full power map" and ...
still way away from you guys! You make me feel better about my fuel usage...

and that's whilst booting it too, average is lower than that (well... )

Only way I can manage to get any kind of decent-ish economy out of the car is to potter at 60mph and no faster when on the motorway. Due to the JDM gearing this is the only way the car sits below 3k and doesn't drink the juice so much.

Either way I'm not complaining. You can't really expect a car of this nature to be good on fuel, and if you worried about fuel consumption then from my point of view you cannot afford the car in the first place.

You can't really expect a car of this nature to be good on fuel, and if you worried about fuel consumption then from my point of view you cannot afford the car in the first place.

Amen to that! It's nice to see someone who shares my view on this!:)

You can't really expect a car of this nature to be good on fuel, and if you worried about fuel consumption then from my point of view you cannot afford the car in the first place.

Agreed Liam ;)

Went to Powerstation today and had new brakes fitted, along with a Whiteline Anti-Lift Kit and front (lower) and rear (upper) strut brace dampers that are found on the S204 Impreza and a 'Curtis' alignment (G will know what that feels like;) )

The Anti-Lift kit reduces lift under accleration and dive under braking but also increases static castor. Front end now feels a lot better now it's fitted, even though it was supremely pointy anyway.:smt047

Still bedding the brakes in but already pedal feel has improved massively. The OE Brembos, although far from being short in stopping power didn't really give any feel and felt very wooden. The quality on the both AP kits is spot on and I'm looking forward to using them anger soon. From what I've heard they might be a bit of overkill for the road but I don't care. I slogged my guts out last year working loads of OT to pay for the RA and a load of mods so I'm gonna enjoy myself and reap the rewards. Going to spend it wisely and bit by bit so I can appreciate each new thing I fit and not get bored by having done all at once.

For those interested,

Front kit - 6 pot caliper, 356mm x 32mm 2 piece discs
Rear kit - 4 pot caliper, 335 x 24mm discs 1 piece outer ventilated discs

Pics on page 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hats off to you doing the sensible mods Liam ;)

Alot of people would of BHP chasing & left things as they, but this is the right way to mod imo mate.

The brakes look great & should imagine they will feel awesome once bedded in :twisted:

Good on ya spending your hard earned of something you worked hard to get.

Enjoy it my friend ;)

Hats off to you doing the sensible mods Liam ;)

Alot of people would of BHP chasing & left things as they, but this is the right way to mod imo mate.

The brakes look great & should imagine they will feel awesome once bedded in :twisted:

Good on ya spending your hard earned of something you worked hard to get.

Enjoy it my friend ;)
Cheers Lee :smt023

Modding in the same way I did the Civic, brakes and handling first then power. Although the uprated STI setup on the Type RA is more than enough and she's plenty quick enough right now, so what to do next?

More power me thinks, only slightly though.;)

are you ever going to take it on track? or purely fast road use?

awesome brakes btw :twisted:

are you ever going to take it on track? or purely fast road use?

awesome brakes btw :twisted:
I will be taking it on track at some point. Just got to find the time to arrange it around work as I work most weekends.

I will be taking it on track at some point. Just got to find the time to arrange it around work as I work most weekends.

You can do the half-days £99 organised by MSV. They usually are during the week too, when it's easier to get someone to cover for you at work.
I've done a few, as you don't need to take a full day off if that helps.

Take it to the track mate, it's offensive such a wicked car and not fully let it express itself ... and it's always fun to smoke a few elise :lol:

Nice!

Would like to see a full side-on pic of the car to appreciate the perspective of those brakes.

:cool:

Well if CTR comes to the Wales Run I'm sure Sharkyuk will get loads and loads of pictures for you all... there are some lovely hairpins on the route and I'm going to try and arrange for someone to be at the top to take some pictures of everyone climbing up.. plus Sharkyuk will be taking pictures out of the window as we are going along so fingers crossed we should get some good shots, that will hopefully keep you going until you do a track day :)

Back