• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

N77's 30th ANNIVERSARY EP3 TYPE R

I have that OCD engine problem. But if it's a good car worth keeping I would re engine it. Seen a few cars I really like and wanted for a while just not sure I could part with the Type R

Astra 888 mk4
astra VXR

Personally I would go for the new engine option....but then I did keep my Polo for 10 years! Very hard to part with them when you have everything as you want it and have invested so much time in getting it that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After test driving the Focus ST I ummed and arrrrdd a bit, the drive was good but not anything to say yeah give it me now... thing is very quiet and doesn't feel fast, although the speedo says differently, but it was lacking something, I found the position of the gear stick a bit off putting as well. Would like to test drive the RS though, although the gear stick will be the same location I'm guessing, but it might sound better and feel quicker.

The car sold yesterday anyway so at least it's off my mind lol
So on with the thinking of what to do next...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Have you found out why the engine failed?
I'd go with a new engine. Dont bother about the numbers on the block, you cant see them when you're driving anyway :)

The problem with another engine in my eyes, is that it's a bit of an unknown. It is out of a car that has met its end after all.

A rebuilt engine you should know to be spot on.

It's back and lives to fight another day :)

ce16f86b966084065848995d04762925.jpg

Now to sort suspension

I thought you'd got rid of this and used the mini to forget the Honda.
Did you get a used engine or the old one rebuilt?

I'm pleased to see it back anyway mate and hope it serves you well in the future.

Yeah, it was rebuilt.

Oil pump was the cause

Did the pump fail? Glad it's running again.
Yeah, was totally knackered so they had to replace, this is what caused the delay as it was the last thing they checked when putting it back together.

Car feels like new again, it's so quiet so will have to get an exhaust or gruppe m just to hear it lol

So after getting the car back this week, the first moment I had was to give it a clean and to fit the new wheels :D

IMAG2457_zpspw4oyjv7.jpg

IMAG2459_zps9iqz08vr.jpg

Needs a little drop now, which will be sorted in due course as all the advisories that have appeared on this one are suspension related, so this was on my list to do but will be addressed asap....

So I have been getting a musty smell when using the heater and air con etc... so decided to check the cabin filters, and think I have found my culprit.

8ae726cf9102b1d1639ca8c626e33fda.jpg

eaba5d548a5550b68e9f26656e8f98b2.jpg

c1529d180b10867584b40883ea05c56b.jpg

As you can see, they look a bit worse for wear, when I got it serviced last year I never thought about the inside ones, but they look to of been in for a while and it was all Honda history before, so I think even they forgot.

Much better now

What a fab thread! I almost feel as if I've been on the journey with you! Keep up the sterling work ..... :smt077

2 questions:
1. How easy is it to remove the front bumper?
2. Are oil pumps a known failure point on these engines?

Back