• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

N77's gone Supercharged........

Finally managed to get a set of the rear lights I have been after.

They update the rear with them being LED and go with the theme being smoked and remove the remaining chrome...

Before

IMAG1831_zpsysub0wdb.jpg

After

IMAG1960_zpscie0jg8p.jpg

Sent from my GT-N5120 using Tapatalk

I really like those, I had awful lexus style on my old cooper when I bought it, then spray tinted them and they looked super naff, bought some that looked great on pics but ended up being those horrible 3d type that stick out when they arrived, so they went back.
Ended up using some OEM ones.

But those look cracking, nice and smoked without being overly dark.

:smt045 Like where this is going

Reminds me of the lights a mate fitted to his Focus RS back in the day. Loved them. Got any pics lit up?

This is the only one but then it's not took hat great using my phone.

IMAG1964_zpszwu2form.jpg

I am pleased with the look and the quality of them is excellent, only criticism of them is the reverse lights are normal bulbs as apposed to LED which would go with the rest of the light.

Was going to see if you can use an LED bulb instead.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

A guy I work with bought an LED reversing bulb and he said it isn't bright enough, as obviously they're there to act as a rear light so you can see. So that's probably why they kept the original one.

This just gets better Carl, loving the lights man, they look so much better than the clear clusters.:cool:

Just ordered a set of these

AR53.jpg

Managed to organise a group buy on the Mini forum so got at a good price.

They are the new CRD+ version and there has been good reviews so thought why not try em.

Not spending a fortune on some when the car is merely a stop gap :)

Slightly if this is what model you are thinking of

f_Cup172_Rear.jpg

I had a set of MeisterR's on my '89 Civic GL and found there really good, considering in going for another set for my DC5

'04 Nighthawk Black Integra Type R (DC5)

Instagram: kevinwynne1990

I had a set of MeisterR's on my '89 Civic GL and found there really good, considering in going for another set for my DC5

'04 Nighthawk Black Integra Type R (DC5)

Instagram: kevinwynne1990
I may try and organise a group buy for the EP3/DC5 as well, as I am tempted to get a set for the Civic as well.

We got 20% off RRP so got them for £660 for the Mini. So 20% off the Civic ones and they work out to £636.

Well had the mini in the garage while I have been out in the Type R so had to sort it out as I am keeping the Civic clean for Japfest next week.

Got round to changing the stereo and decided to try and match the dash up to my jcw gearknob and now the handbrake.

Decided to wrap it in 4d carbon vinyl, did think of clear coating it but left them for now, will have a trial first.

Done the downtubes, steering wheel trims at the moment to see how they look.

39544d98badc298ca8887f2e0a94af1b.jpg

c39ceee45b583692bb37062d218decfd.jpg

d192a845fee7efc8b6ea8318e18445d2.jpg

Also had the dash apart to replace the bulb in my heater control, was annoying the hell out of me so had to be done.

Didn't take it all out so was a lot easier than I thought to do.

54477a8f0a9813ee9ea1992dd9bf9e7f.jpg

Works perfectly on the way home in dark to check, woohoo, cheap fix at £1.90

ac3bdea54a7553410175f8a5ba3685df.jpg

Well I have de-striped and it looks loads better IMO, looks cleaner and smoother.

IMAG2117_zpskibi6bh8.jpg

Just need to get the coilovers on to get it sitting better now...

IMAG2116_zpsqmewglmr.jpg

Also changed the sidelights from the standard ones...

IMAG2094_zpszakm0iky.jpg

To these LED ones from eBay...

IMAG2093_zpsoewd0qnj.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So, decided to give it a full polish, glaze, seal and wax....

All masked up....

IMAG2139_zpsgvwuwpc0.jpg

Roof and side after all the treatments...

IMAG2166_zps19t0yguj.jpg

IMAG2165_zpsdefmtmew.jpg

IMAG2160_zpsb3nzfvvn.jpg

Also front end, after doing this I feel like I want to smooth off the front, and have a temp number plate solution. The bumper needs respraying anyway, so this is something I may look at doing...

IMAG2150_zpslv2mcu4w.jpg

And an after, after a little addition I decided to get after messing with photoshop...

IMAG2151_zpsomm4wnhi.jpg

IMAG2171_zpszutyb9iw.jpg

Matches really well with the grill too with the honeycomb mesh style...

IMAG2156_zpsgqgbmr6v.jpg

My front splitter had seen better days, a clip had come loose and it was just in a sorry state, the same with the 2 side pieces and the rear centre bumper trim, so I ordered replacements from Cotswold Mini. I also dropped on a set of side skirts that were virtually brand new, after being swapped out at the dealer for JCW, with protective cover still on the sills. So bumper off to start the job in hand...

IMG-20160525-WA0000_zpsvwyunxhf.jpeg

I also trimmed the plastic underneath, as it was catching everything and causing the bumper to be pulled I think, and the under plastics to become loose.

Overall photo of it all cleaned up and renewed belt line trim. When I first installed it, the weather was cold so I had some replacement sent, unfortunately there was not enough to redo the front window, and I have been unable to get back in touch with him. So I need to sort out a replacement piece for this.

IMAG2170_zpsajdqgyzs.jpg

IMAG2169_zpsxb2j4nyx.jpg

IMAG2161_zpsplnssdkc.jpg

IMAG2168_zpsmdmba89w.jpg

IMAG2167_zpszeztorlu.jpg

So after all the cleaning, it was time to remove the rear bumper and side skirts, so that I could replace the trims on those as well....

IMAG2178_zpsnfay8sod.jpg

IMAG2179_zpsj5kfidkk.jpg

Skirts removed, and it would be rude not to clean it underneath them too. I do feel you get to know a car once you have taken them apart

IMAG2180_zpsb9dkydc1.jpg

IMAG2181_zpstvkcrm0y.jpg

Cleaned up...

IMAG2182_zpsomiqpqmk.jpg

IMAG2185_zpsk7lktqhf.jpg

Also removed the rear inner arches and give them a good clean and coating as well, need to sort out the rust on the discs as well now, as it shows it up a little :(

IMAG2187_zpsocv4kooa.jpg

IMAG2188_zpsp6zpbxfc.jpg

All fitted back and looking a lot better, it was a faff to swap them over but well worth it, as you have to replace all the trim clips on them (about £30 in clips) but definitely looks better than my old ones. Also ended up replacing the 2 side panels and some fixings on the rear bumper as well, due to them being stuck, but well worth it now and it looks like the rest.

I may well now replace the rear plastic arch trims as they are stone chipped to hell and show up now the others have been replaced, but £50 per side is a little steep.

And a photo of it next to a friend at works Challenge 2010

IMAG2176_zpsa3ko0jbd.jpg

IMAG2175_zpssctvgmvf.jpg

Sent from my GT-N5120 using Tapatalk

Back