• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Need some new cleaning shizzle

I binned lods of stuff when sorting out my shed after selling the evo, so all I have now is a mitt and some shampoo..

so recommendations from the OCD cleaning gurus please for some new wax, clay bar etc etc, also a cheap website where to get it all :twisted:

I went to halfords the other day and was largly disappointed, didn't have much decent stuff in :(

"bad times" my local one near your birds work is always full of autoglym stuff. but i use asda own brand anyway, of course.

But that would involve going to Wycombe and i don't want to be shot to death. Beaconsfiled services is the closest I go. Anyway i'm surprised you wash any of your cars? Suppose its just a once over before it's sold onto a cetin.

The Megs NXT shampoo is pretty good Harv, also availible in Halfords.
As per Saturday Cost-Co do some badboy mitts & microfibres.
Clay use the Megs Quick Clay kit also availible in Halfords.
Polish wise Autoglym's Super Resin Polish is always a winner.
Wax wise, I'm a big fan of the Natty's range. A piece of pish to use & nice results. I used the white paste wax on my CW DC5 & you know how good that looked. Nattys Paste Wax - White

That website is pretty good too mate. I'm sure some of the proper detailing nerds will help you more, but the above listing is more than enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Harv,

I know you mentioned above that your local Halfraud doesnt have much stock but they are currently running BOGOF on all their cleaning products.

Will pop into mind over the weekend and see what I can pick up as I'm running low on Meguiars nxt generation shampoo

Ez Gary, just came back from halfords and I spent 60 nuggets, which is quite alot with BOGOF.

Teg is getting a spa tonight, pictures later!

I've been taking advantage of the 2 4 1 at Halfauds offer.

I have quite a collection, come round and try out what you want mate.....

IMG_3229.jpg

Megs hyperwash is all you need for your shampoo needs. £25 for 5 litres and a couple of quid for a pump, but it will last forever as you only need one pump per wash. I'm on my original bottle still and I've had it for getting close to three years now.

www.cleanyourcar.co.uk is the place to shop for your detailing needs.

Shampoo - Zymol AutoWash from Halfords for £7
Clay - Sonus Green mild clay
Polish - Dodo Juice Lime Prime or AG SRP
Wax - Raceglaze '55' Signature [bit costly £70, but very nice results and very hard wearing] otherwise Victoria Concourse [£20],
Sealant - Jeffs Werkstatt Acrylic Jett Trigger [£15 as alternative to wax - you can spray and wipe the whole car in 20 mins]
Quick Detailing Spray/ Clay Lube - Megs Last Touch

Happy cleaning Harv

Back