• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New 2017 Honda Civic Type R is taking shape

Graciously stolen from PH. :) So very true.

fc9dd0cf19bfe0d28188c82dd34796f0.jpg

It's time for you to break out the pipe and slippers Matt.

Just looks like all they have done is force the FK2 styling onto it.

Sent from my SM-G130HN using Tapatalk

i think its Really nice. The brushed metal would look stunning and I'm guessing the exhaust could be a two stage thing. Opens up once a certain rev range is Hit.

I don't get peoples like for this yet hate for the FK2, they're near identical & near same performance
The honeycomb trim is ott & the exhausts are odd, either stuck with the quads or 2 larger exits, I will have to see one in the flesh before making a move but at the moment I don't see this being any different to the FK2

Iv got 2 1/2 years before i can even think of changing the FK2 and going by the photos think ill be keeping it. May be better in the flesh.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

First time I looked I thought it was alright. After watching that walk around video it looks as bad as the FK2 to me.

If this carries on I can't see me owning another Honda.

Iv got 2 1/2 years before i can even think of changing the FK2 and going by the photos think ill be keeping it. May be better in the flesh.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It's not made of flesh mate, it's made of metal. :lol:

With the exception of the three exhausts - which would take some getting used to - I really like it.

Not sure if you have the interviews with Matt Neal talking about the next BTCC civic being RWD like the Subaru, based on the fact the road going car is AWD.

Not a fan of the styling on the new type R personally. I think it's way to big. It's like an Accord. It's just not a hot hatch anymore which is disappointing. I like the shape of all the type r's but not this one.

Saw one of these on Tuesday.
Wasn't allowed to take pics. In fact the cameras on my phone were stickered over...

Looked very aggressive IRL.

Accord sized though? They look huge on pics I've seen.

I'm sorry but if someone on here fitted a kit like that to their car, they'd break the Internet with negative comments.

Last edited by a moderator:
[video=youtube;DgOrHsfYtlg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgOrHsfYtlg[/video]

Look at the video at 9:44, they are going for a five door hot hatchback and practicality but only have two seats behind :picardfp:

Not good. I just think it looks ugly and like a huge family saloon not a fun sporty hatch back like all previous type R's

Which looks better?:lol:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    780.4 KB · Views: 35
Last edited by a moderator:
Back