• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New car as the S2000 went for mortgage deposit...Alfa 147 GTA

So as you all remember the S2000 was for sale to help fund the mortgage deposit, was gutted to see it go but needed a cheaper car to free up the cash. Now don't get me wrong, I wasn't after anything frugal and still want something fun, I considered a tidy FN2 or ep3 but due to the age and the way depreciation is going EP3s were out of it. I've had honda after Honda so I fancied a change, I'll be financially ready for something better in a year so it should last me until then at least.

My friend has owned the car for ages and it only had 7k miles on it when he had it, it's now just rolled to 50k miles and has given no problems....yet lol!

So, here goes

It's a Alfa Romeo 147 GTA.

53 plate, 50k miles just had loads of bushes, drop links etc replaced, it's also had the Campbeltown just done.

3.2 V6 250 bhp, Q2 limited slip diff fitted, brembo 4 pots, LPG conversion, full Bose stereo with optional sub in boot, optional leather seats, cruise control, heated seats Etc etc
It's also got a private plate too which is nice.

I'm really liking it if I'm honest, it's not the first car I would have gone for but it was the right price, it's pretty fast and inside it's a lovely place to be in.

45652BE0.jpg

D58F8F11.jpg

34AA9F0D.jpg

48BA9210.jpg

BEA67411.jpg

E034FCBE.jpg

DBE966B1.jpg

3CA259EF.jpg

890F6232.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: New car as the S2000 went for mortgage deposit...go easy lol

That's the second Alfa in the space of a week :lol:

I do like the 147 GTA, it's a mental car with a lovely sounding engine. Glad to see you've gone for one with the Q2 diff, I understand it's a popular mod and really helps getting it around corners without heading into a bush. :lol:

New car as the S2000 went for mortgage deposit...go easy lol

Like these a lot. Good choice.

Thanks chaps, never been a alfa man but really surprised how well this goes. Faster than the S2000 in a straight line and grips very well, suspension is **** though. It will be getting coilovers :)

A guy near me has a 147 GTA, lovely looking cars with the flared arches and that interior is stunning, has it got the polished manifold?

New car as the S2000 went for mortgage deposit...go easy lol

Absolutely stunning! Love it a lot in red.

Re: New car as the S2000 went for mortgage deposit...go easy lol

That interior does look fantastic

Thanks guys, loads of bits I want to order but I must resist!

Thought I'd get a slating with this, it's even nicer in the flesh tbh :)

Back