• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

Two questions, again answers probably in the manual but the car's over the road and round the corner:

- How the hell does the unlocking work? My wife's getting pretty fed of me unlocking the car, getting in and her being stood there pulling on a locked passenger door. She says she's tried pressing the button on the handle. I've tried multiple button press combinations on the key (two, three presses, holding the button down etc) which occasionally works, but sometimes puts all the windows half way down for some reason. Usually I end up leaning across the inside to let her in though.

- I've done 800 miles and the car reckons another 3500 to the next service. This seems pretty short though admittedly I do a bit of town driving. What are other people getting?

Two questions, again answers probably in the manual but the car's over the road and round the corner:

- How the hell does the unlocking work? My wife's getting pretty fed of me unlocking the car, getting in and her being stood there pulling on a locked passenger door. She says she's tried pressing the button on the handle. I've tried multiple button press combinations on the key (two, three presses, holding the button down etc) which occasionally works, but sometimes puts all the windows half way down for some reason. Usually I end up leaning across the inside to let her in though.

- I've done 800 miles and the car reckons another 3500 to the next service. This seems pretty short though admittedly I do a bit of town driving. What are other people getting?
Unlocking has a menu option to unlock just the drivers door or all doors. My guess is you have it set to just drivers door.

Can only speak of FK2s but some were asking for it as 9k like mine which did a lot of motorway miles or some were asking at around 4k. Just depends on how you drive it but does also seem random!

Vehicle > Door/Window Setup > Door Unlock Mode > Drivers Door Only/All Doors

Last edited by a moderator:
As above.

Or alternatively, if the key is present on the passenger side it will open a la keylessly (may suit you if you have to walk past the passenger side first?), or as you open the drivers side door press the unlock button on the door near the window controls.

Im having similar issues when trying to get into the boot, having driven somewhere, get out, engine running, go to boot, its locked even though i have the key in my pocket! the only way it seems to want to cooperate and open is if i use the unlock button on the drivers side door!

Careful of the engine running and getting out, as the car still drives without the key in possession

Im having similar issues when trying to get into the boot, having driven somewhere, get out, engine running, go to boot, its locked even though i have the key in my pocket! the only way it seems to want to cooperate and open is if i use the unlock button on the drivers side door!
I have never to my recollection had to open the tailgate with the engine running, but what you state could be a safety feature which prevents people opening the tailgate and running off with things while you are stopped at traffic lights for example.

I have never to my recollection had to open the tailgate with the engine running, but what you state could be a safety feature which prevents people opening the tailgate and running off with things while you are stopped at traffic lights for example.

Indeed, but i have the key in my pocket while stood next to the boot im trying to open that would otherwise open if the engine is off.

Indeed, but i have the key in my pocket while stood next to the boot im trying to open that would otherwise open if the engine is off.
But that's the whole point....if it is a safety feature it will not open remotely while the engine is running.
This is the correct way for this feature to work, but never having tried it I cannot say if our car has this feature.

But that's the whole point....if it is a safety feature it will not open remotely while the engine is running.
This is the correct way for this feature to work, but never having tried it I cannot say if our car has this feature.

It should unlock if you have the key within range of the keyless sensor array, engine on or off. Nobody would be able to run off with your shopping from your locked boot while you are stopped in traffic if the key is in your pocket inside the car, out of range of the boots keyless sensor!

My previous car has this functionality keyless worked for the boot if you have the key in the keyless zone engine on or off. Score one for renault. :(

It should unlock if you have the key within range of the keyless sensor array, engine on or off. Nobody would be able to run off with your shopping from your locked boot while you are stopped in traffic if the key is in your pocket inside the car, out of range of the boots keyless sensor!
If you are inside the car with the fob in your pocket all locks are open and this includes the tailgate.
The point of the locked tailgate feature when the engine is running has nothing to do with where you are in relation to the key fob, because it would not open unless you either stop the engine or press the third button on the fob.

The whole conversation is immaterial anyway because I specifically tried it this morning and my tailgate opens with the engine running and fob in my pocket. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I have ordered this which should be very useful https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Ce...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 Very happy with this and a must to be honest

I have ordered this for the RHD car and to date only mine has been dispatched as not advertised so I am the tester but the FK2 one did look very smart fitted https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FUßSTütZ...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 Very happy with this but sizes out a little, photos provided with measurements needed where and there etc replacement in the post

These as they are a nice finishing touch and I forgot to remove them from the FK2 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-Pcs-Ca...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 Not arrived yet

These as they are a nice finishing touch but did not remove them from the FK2 as they would have bent, please note I have always found the double sided tape supplied to be useless so I pack out to around 4mm with foam tap then stick in place https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-Silve...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 Very happy with these as before

And this but not holding much hope it will look decent but thought I might try it for the money as the steering wheel controls are naf on the 10G and this might help but do suspect it is bin material https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2pcs-Car...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 Very shocked on these, the fit on the steering wheel controls is great and the raised resin finish makes the control feel better. The only let down I can see at night is the cut short bit highlighted with a green circle but when I see them in natural daylight I guess it will be 50/50 if they stay fitted.

Attachments

• 20180106_070756.jpg
    20180106_070756.jpg
    685.9 KB · Views: 89
  • 20171228_111246.jpg
    20171228_111246.jpg
    689.8 KB · Views: 85
  • 20180106_070807.jpg
    20180106_070807.jpg
    852.4 KB · Views: 81
If you are inside the car with the fob in your pocket all locks are open and this includes the tailgate.
The point of the locked tailgate feature when the engine is running has nothing to do with where you are in relation to the key fob, because it would not open unless you either stop the engine or press the third button on the fob.

The whole conversation is immaterial anyway because I specifically tried it this morning and my tailgate opens with the engine running and fob in my pocket. :D

The conversation is far from immaterial as mine doesnt function in the (correct) manner yours does, hence discussing it.

Here's a question that was being discussed on another site recently - why does the UK spec FK8 not have headlamp washers?
Left hand drive markets have them, and even other models in the UK 10G Civic range.....but not the Type R for some reason.
Don't get me wrong, I am actually quite happy that our car does not have them, but just wondered why Honda chose not to fit them to our model?

yeah I noticed the Dutch have them

Part of me thinks, a type r shouldn't have such luxuries.....as I twiddle with my dual zone climate control, turn my cruise control on and let the bu66er steer itself....:lol:

Certainly be handy with all this salt

Uploaded a wallpaper of a CW (from the Honda website) then put my number bottom corner. Missus wouldn't let me put Rachel Riley on there

how did ya do that? I tried to find the wallpaper for home screen on the menu but could only get to the clock/wallpaper.

while hunting I found the "change skin" which I tried and wow that's a funky layout, but I soon switched back to standard as I didn't want to see those green trees all the time!) :lol:

I like that photo above, and I'm positive I've seen it before...but looking on Honda website I cant find it. :(
It probably tells you in the handbook but what resolution should the photo be for changing the wallpaper?

Page 324/325 of the Bible According to Honda explains it really well mate - very straightforward

Sizing the image was a bit of a faff and is trial and error really....

Hardest part then is deciding what to show

I like that photo above, and I'm positive I've seen it before...but looking on Honda website I cant find it. :(
It probably tells you in the handbook but what resolution should the photo be for changing the wallpaper?

Yeah, I stole it from the Honda Website!!! It was on Accessories page. Really like the angle. I had to delete all the website logos etc in microsoft paint, and then add my number bottom corner. What you cant see slightly above the car which you can see when it boots up, it is the words 'Fans Chav Chariot' in Grand Theft Auto Text...cos bantz

Back