• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

Wiper question
When you use the screen wash do the wipers wipe automatically and how many times?
Just thinking due to the cold weather just now and I don't get mine till march, it's always a gamble when the screens dirty will they squire or not!!!!

Couple questions for the UK FK8 owners...

1. What is the MSRP (Dealer Window Sticker) for the 2017/2018 Honda Civic Type R in UK?
*Here is the USA my 2017's MSRP was $34,775.00 US dollars.

2. Do they sell with a premium like they have here in the USA?
*I paid $3500.oo US dollars + MSRP to take R-00057 home.

Couple questions for the UK FK8 owners...

1. What is the MSRP (Dealer Window Sticker) for the 2017/2018 Honda Civic Type R in UK?
*Here is the USA my 2017's MSRP was $34,775.00 US dollars.

2. Do they sell with a premium like they have here in the USA?
*I paid $3500.oo US dollars + MSRP to take R-00057 home.

There is no mark-up here in the UK. Some people bought them early and put them up for sale privately initially and some people then paid that premium in order to avoid waiting lists, but no-one pays any mark-up from the dealer in the UK.

Price is £30,995 for the non-GT, £32,995 for the GT grade. Metallic paint or Championship White is £525. There are all the usual carbon packs etc that you can spend extra on.

There are some discounts to be had if you search in the UK. I've seen £1,600 off the prices above for brand new cars.

I am assuming the above American price is for a GT spec car (or equivalent), so it's another example of rip off Britain how a car can be built here then shipped to America and have a retail selling price £8000 cheaper than it costs here. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
its not a GT spec from memory - they don't get all the Honda Sensing bits and bobs and there are a few other differences (including that lack of ten ponies), but yeah, its a crazy price difference....!!!!

That dealer mark up simply wouldn't happen over here.....I read loads of examples on civicx.com of dealers getting the buyer to the showroom only for the MRSP to go up by a grand or something!! You would have us tight Brits walking away with middle finger extended....

The conversation is far from immaterial as mine doesnt function in the (correct) manner yours does, hence discussing it.

I think it depends on how you unlocked the car in the first place. If you just use the key proximity and open the door the other doors and boot remain locked.

If you opened all the doors by pressing the fob twice then the boot should open while the engines running.

I think it depends on how you unlocked the car in the first place. If you just use the key proximity and open the door the other doors and boot remain locked.

If you opened all the doors by pressing the fob twice then the boot should open while the engines running.
No it doesn't matter....at least not on my car.
I only ever use the keyless sensor and everything unlocks at same time including the tailgate.
There is a setting however to only unlock drivers door.

Don't think I've ever used the boot release button as everything opens on keyless for me.
It puzzled me for 2 and half years why there's a key lock in the drivers side, it wasn't until I changed the fob battery in November I found out there was a key inside the fob, bit of a face palm moment but it was a nice find at the same time

Can you have normal cruise control on a 10g or do you have the variable cruise control all the time plus does anyone know what the 2nd lim option is with the speed limiter

Cruise control has the radar feature by default, but you can adjust the distance that it takes effect at.
I have mine set to the closest option because otherwise it cuts in and reduces your speed too soon for my liking.

Cruise control has the radar feature by default, but you can adjust the distance that it takes effect at.
I have mine set to the closest option because otherwise it cuts in and reduces your speed too soon for my liking.

That was what I thought, shame we dont have an option to have normal cruise control as well

in the same vein, I am surprised that there is no Auto Door Locking when travelling above xxmph
I wondered about this so looked up the manual and on page 201 it mentions this very thing. :)
There is an asterisk next to it though, and when you look down the bottom of the page it states "not available on all models"

in the same vein, I am surprised that there is no Auto Door Locking when travelling above xxmph
This surprised me too. My old Clio 182 had it. You'd think it would be a good idea in this car. Apparently there's been a spate of car jackings in North London so I make sure I lock it myself.

I tend to use the driver's door as an airbrake into corners, really helps the car tuck in to the apex so it suits me....:lol: didn't suit that cyclist mind......

This is the first car I've owned where the windscreen washer nozzles are located underneath the bonnet.
I think this is a great idea because when activated the washer fluid does not go on the bonnet, and also does not spray over the roof either. :)

So the FK2 has an auto dimming mirror. There is a green light on the mirror to show it is on and a button to turn it off. The FK8 seems to have the same sensors but there is no green light and no button. Does this mean I don’t have an auto dimming mirror?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The GT model has an auto dimming mirror as standard....but there is no light as you say.
I've had an auto dimming mirror on my last 3 cars but there was nothing to tell it was working other than you just didn't get blinded from behind when a car had its full beam on. :D

Back