• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

Any one know if you can switch on or off the running day lights. Just asking as my running lights dont come on now. The lady at the service counter said they shouldn't come on during the day, i said why are they called day lights then .

Any one know if you can switch on or off the running day lights. Just asking as my running lights dont come on now. The lady at the service counter said they shouldn't come on during the day, i said why are they called day lights then .
That's astounding. That these people work in the automotive industry.

No idea on the lights. You couldn't turn them off on the FK2 IIRC, but the FK8 does a few things the 2 didn't.

Any one know if you can switch on or off the running day lights. Just asking as my running lights dont come on now.
The lady at the service counter said they shouldn't come on during the day, i said why are they called day lights then .
You cannot turn them off, so yours have a fault that needs rectified.
Like Loxy said, absolutely unbelievable the answer you got. :eek::eek::eek:
They are called daytime running lights, not nightime running lights. :lol: What the hell was she thinking! I am wondering if she actually understood the question. Maybe she thought you were meaning the marker lights on the front wings.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit that I only just found out last night that twisting the Odometer Reset stalk adjusts the dashboard lighting from in your face Tokyo Neon level of brightness to a much more pleasing glow. I also wonder if by having the setting up to the max overrides the day/night brightness setting on the navigation unit as for me it didn't seem to auto-adjust before but now I have it set slightly below maximum brightness it seems to switch from day/night mode. ??

also similarly embarrassing I've just found there are two cup holders in the centre console, just that one was mounted on top of the other and that it's possible to remove it, turn it 180 degrees and install it just behind the other cup holder. So now I have somewhere for coins and keys :)

feel free to laugh at me for being probably the last to know. :lol:

I like to find things out rather than read up on it, it keeps the new car feeling going.

3 years in and I couldn't even tell you how to use the hands free or even how to find cruise control

I couldn't even tell you how to use the hands free or even how to find cruise control
You have never used cruise control? :eek:
I think it's one of the best things you can have in a car, and I wouldn't have one without it now.
I use it all the time. :)

I am with dweezle, no idea on cruise control or half the toys (granted only 4 months in..!)...

Thanks Allyc I had no idea you could change the brightness with the stalk...mine was a bit dim and it was vexing me, so now I can get that to what I want...!

One of the cup holders is where I keep my keys...I lined it in faux sticky black velvet from hobbycraft....so it wouldn't scratch. One of those centre storage rubber mat/divider things arrived from China yesterday along with the carbon fibre steering wheel additions which go around the button controls. Have to say very impressed with quality, just need to fit now. Cant remember (or find) the member on here who recommended so whoever you are, thanks...!

It's not suited for my commute, mix of twists and straights and not forgetting the amount of numpties I have to put up with daily, I also like the lift off noise so would miss that.

My stereo is the other, I know how to put a CD in, connect the iPod, select sat Nav, I have no idea about anything else on there, last September was probably the last time I used the stereo

Yeah yeah , stop rubbing it in with the lift off noise....

What's 'putting in a CD' by the way...? Oh yeah I remember I did that on my old focus mk1 :p

My stereo is the other, I know how to put a CD in
There is no CD slot in the FK8(or 10G at all I assume), but I find using a USB stick much more convenient anyway.
I have never used the Sat Nav in this car. In fact its the first car I've had with Sat Nav.
I realise I am very much in the minority with this because absolutely everybody seems to insist on Sat Nav these days.....they cant drive a car without it. :lol: Its even incuded in the driving test now for FFS! :rolleyes:

No slot for CD/DVD?, on the FK2 the whole front flips down, we also have USB, HDMI and other ports in the arm rest

Nope...I was a little surprised I must admit....if my old man bought one of these he would be distraught having only just upgraded from Vinyl...

Have HDMi etc though

A CD player in a car is old technology now, just like cassettes were when CD players became popular.
There are lots of cars that do not have CD players anymore.

As much as the cd player is prehistoric tech, ditching it saves the manufacturer money (i'm such a cynic). Think of all those little moving parts and frickin laser beams no longer needing manufacturing in China.

:rant:

My opinion of the new VAG digital dashboards and Tesla tablet control panels is the same. All those moving parts, dials, switches and knobs no longer need manufacturing. I don't believe them to be as usable on the move as old fashioned buttons. In my opinion Teslas tablet is as dangerous to use in a car as a mobile phone. But they're cheaper to produce so everybody's gonna do it eventually.

Anyways, cd players, as crap as they are, you miss them when they're gone. I do. Macs are the same now. No frickin cd drive. PITA.

Centre console organiser arrived :)

3d1c51503d912482a335ffbf157516ec.jpg

Yeah yeah , stop rubbing it in with the lift off noise....

What's 'putting in a CD' by the way...? Oh yeah I remember I did that on my old focus mk1 :p

Pipercross filter will give you the Noise you desire.

I’m actually enjoying this thing as stock. Perfect all rounder :)

Probably a blown fuse.

DRL is a 10a red fuse middle row towards the right hand side about 6 from the end and is number 22 and its the internal fuse box

Hi everyone,
I’ve had my CTR FK8 for about 6 eeeks now. How much oil should my car be using in its first 1500 miles? Am I recommended to top it up with Honda oil 0w-20?

Cheers
Dotty

Hi everyone,
I’ve had my CTR FK8 for about 6 eeeks now. How much oil should my car be using in its first 1500 miles? Am I recommended to top it up with Honda oil 0w-20?
Ideally it should use no oil at all in such a short period, but check the dipstick every couple of weeks.
There is a special Honda branded oil for the FK8. It is 0W-20 as you say but also marked Type 2.0
I bought a litre from Cox Motor Parts for around £12.

Back