• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Noel dazely *do not use!!!*

We've just tried to insure our 1.4 Honda Jazz with them after a years good service being insured with the Integra.

Now VERY UNHAPPY with them!! :evil:

- RUDE, PATRONISING UNDERWRITER
- AND A RUDE ADVISOR WHO DIDN'T WANT TO LISTEN AND WOULDN'T PUT ME THROUGH TO A MANAGER OR ASSISTANT MANAGER!!

Got several quotes online before calling which started from £190.

He wanted my e-mail and passwords and codes to check the quotes and would try to help. (Fair enough) I didn't have any codes to give and wasn't going to give my e-mail and password to him! To which I was told "I must have made an error, as no Insurer in the right mind would give cover for that price, as they would not be making anything and it wouldn't cover a scratch". Furthermore, I was told that no insurer would insure a 26 yr old (I'm 27!) on a Honda of that value for that price (I had a page worth of online folks saying otherwise.)

They also quoted £35! to change the vehicle from the Teg to the Jazz for 2 weeks (my insurance runs out on the 21st July) .. slightly horrifying... for a simple admin change.

After checking our entered online details and seeing that they were accurate, I called back to speak to the Manager (not availble) so asked for the assistant manager as was told they were not there but the lady there could help. When I said that I was appauled by the attitude that I had just been given, and that my details were actually correct, I was told that "he was only trying to help, was very experienced and that customers are normally wrong". Even when I tried to say why did he not just say that there was no way they could get that low" she was still unhelpful (to say the very least!), didn't want to listen and actually said "she had to go so thank you and goodbye!! :eek: :evil: I wasn't rude, didn't raise my voice, was irrate- but still did not deserve that level of rudeness!!!. DISGUSTED!!:evil::evil:

When I then asked if the manager would be calling me back- she said "no, becuase we haven't done anything wrong".

This was my face...:eek:

DO NOT USE!!!!!

Flip side of the coin is that when I had to claim on my insurance they were really helpful ! :confused:

The quote doesn't seem overly low to me, so I'm just puzzled as to whats gone on. In the past I've only had very good dealings with Noel Dazely. Surprising stuff! :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is why I tend to use mainstream insurers,. Easy and plain sailing to deal with in the event of a claim.

I have read horror stories of other smaller companies on here and other forums. Great for premium prices, not so great when it comes to a claim and after sales services.

I can't be bothered dealing with patronising gits like that. I normally end up getting irrate with them.

This is why I tend to use mainstream insurers,. Easy and plain sailing to deal with in the event of a claim.

I have read horror stories of other smaller companies on here and other forums. Great for premium prices, not so great when it comes to a claim and after sales services.

I can't be bothered dealing with patronising gits like that. I normally end up getting irrate with them.

Who insures the JDM CTR chap? I remember seeing about DC5 insurance pre CTR purchase and none of the major companies would touch it! :eek:

Oh my Noel Dazely!

If you have similar quotes elsewhere then just tell then to get flipped.

Too true, I always use mainstream insurers as you tend to get what you pay for (in a way). If you save money on premiums by using lesser firms you can expect rubbish customer care and them to pull every trick in the book to worm out of paying a claim, imo.

Noel Dazely wanted around £400 for the 1.4 Jazz! :eek: They were THE most expensive quote for the Jazz so far!

The Teg would have been around £500 this year ffs! Soooo not impressed.

It gets better folks!!!!:lol:

My post is locked on CTRO..... Noel Dazely have been creating user accounts to say "ND are the best"" hahahaha! They have been rumbled and blocked by CTRO and they were caught doing the same thing on the MR2 forum!!... Will add that to my letter of complaint to the insurance ombudsman I think..:evil:

'Scuse my language- but what F- wits! :lol:

Considering DL myself, mods allowed at a reasonable rate and a well established company. Rare.

Best thing i have seen them do on CTRO for a while. I wonder how many other car forums have had to deal with this crap:rolleyes:

Noel Dazely were great for me until this year when I tried to change insurance companies. Kept me waiting two weeks for an underwirtter to come back. I was so pee'd off in the end I went to Sky instead even though Oh my Dazely where technically cheaper.

I think it is insurance companies in general. I had nothing but trouble with direct line when i came to end a policy (as i had free insurance on the new car i had bought at the time to replace my first car which was insured with them) and a good friend of mine who wrote of his golf (was his own fault) had a nightmare of a job getting them to pay out because they had wrongly noted down the modifications (he had wisely taken a copy of the form he had filled in).

I have however had fantastic service from Chris Knott (a small company) who bent over backwards to arrange my policy and on the 2 occasions i have called them since over things have been very helpful.

Noel Dazely were great for me until this year when I tried to change insurance companies. Kept me waiting two weeks for an underwirtter to come back. I was so pee'd off in the end I went to Sky instead even though Oh my Dazely where technically cheaper.

Last year was the same for me although it was only pounds. They took weeks to get back to me and seemed suprised when I said that I had already sorted insurance. I thought they just didn't want to know. Oh well, I am however looking forward to cheap insurance with 'no modifications' :cool:

Back