• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

NYA's DC5**Couple Of Photos, before the update later this week**

NYA's New Car

I'd look at getting the engine management swapped, along with a decent intake, and quieter catback, that along with a good map will make it a very capable car.

You'll be able to shift on the dastek, catback and V2 easily enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
NYA's New Car

I'm gonna enjoy the car as is for now, it will just be cosmetic things to start. Give it time and a few things will be swapped or replaced. A KPro is definitely on the cards, and either an ARC or Gruppe M. The exhaust is a bit droney, so that will be changed at some point. Torque will be providing me with the OEM manifold and CAT so this will be helpful for MOT's etc. The interior is about as close to mint as you can get, there is the usual seat bolster issue, but there was not a single creak or groan on the test drive, and we drove on a good mix of road types. The engine pulls smoothly and the car felt planted due to having ABP springs and a FRSU. I'm treating it to a Skunk gear knob first off, just because I like them, no other reason. Before I pick it up, it will be fully valeted and a service done, it is MOT'd till October, but tax runs out end of March, no biggy. Got to wait 10 days before I fetch it, so I foresee a few sleepless nights from excitement :lol:

NYA's New Car

Nice one :)

Glad you opted for this one over the Y plate ex boosted one ;)

I mentioned the charger on the Y plate car, the seller had no idea and looked fairly concerned when I told him, but then the concern disappeared when two lads turned up to buy it :lol:

NYA's New Car

I'm gonna enjoy the car as is for now, it will just be cosmetic things to start. Give it time and a few things will be swapped or replaced. A KPro is definitely on the cards, and either an ARC or Gruppe M. The exhaust is a bit droney, so that will be changed at some point. Torque will be providing me with the OEM manifold and CAT so this will be helpful for MOT's etc. The interior is about as close to mint as you can get, there is the usual seat bolster issue, but there was not a single creak or groan on the test drive, and we drove on a good mix of road types. The engine pulls smoothly and the car felt planted due to having ABP springs and a FRSU. I'm treating it to a Skunk gear knob first off, just because I like them, no other reason. Before I pick it up, it will be fully valeted and a service done, it is MOT'd till October, but tax runs out end of March, no biggy. Got to wait 10 days before I fetch it, so I foresee a few sleepless nights from excitement :lol:

If it needs new tyres at all before delivery, make sure they put decent tyres on.

When I bought a DC5 from them, it had some honking fullrun tyres on it and I swear to this day that they contributed to the loss of control resulting in its demise.

NYA's New Car

If it needs new tyres at all before delivery, make sure they put decent tyres on.

When I bought a DC5 from them, it had some honking fullrun tyres on it and I swear to this day that they contributed to the loss of control resulting in its demise.

Ptshhh

You've just purchased the best / economical car you can buy. It's the best compromise of the two a car can get.

That I've owned or know about.

Very nice mate, actually think the bonnet and spoiler works would just sort out the petrol cap.

Good luck on the sleepless nights until collection day lol ;)

NYA's New Car

When I bought a DC5 from them, they put some honking fullrun tyres on it and I swear to this day that they contributed to the loss of control resulting in its demise.

It was MOT'd and then sold to Torque in October so the tyres are okay. The thing has a folder full of every service, part, tune up literally everything. The car was only imported in 2009 and since then has had one owner and the guy babied it. Proper pride and joy type of thing. I'm so glad Dotty talked me into it tbh. The other car had some dodgy history and the CW one wasn't quite what I wanted. I have to say thanks to Stu again, he's been a massive help ;)

tumblr_laq2f3cn5r1qzhf66o1_500.jpg

NYA's New Car

I know this is probably going to go down like a fart in submarine, but are the Takatas that Tegiwa are selling genuine? The prices are unbelievably low and look a bit too go to be true.

Aye, Tegiwa are a Takata/Mugen/Polybush dealer now.

As per above, Scott has some though.

Back