• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Octavia Elegance Estate

Hard to fit it?

Wires are pain in the ass. :lol:

The stereo is easy, there is a top compartment that comes out allowing you to move the cables about. The problem was the gateway. I can change the stereo is 15-20 mins now. Pull main facia off, remove top compartment and unscrew 4 screws holding the stereo in

Always the same :lol:

Indeed, don't think Foxy will let me do anything else :lol:

Looks great Ben. Top work.

So why did you have to use a new gateway?

Surely the existing unit could have been recoded to suit....?

Looks great Ben. Top work.

So why did you have to use a new gateway?

Surely the existing unit could have been recoded to suit....?

Thanks Stu

The new gateway was needed as my old one is a K series and you can't code it to tell you have a newer stereo. You can only say what is installed in the car, I guess the name gateway means just that so it's quite simple and thankfully only cost £60 and came pre-coded by the guy on Briskoda.

Mini update, badges are looking tired and delaminating so

IMG_20130607_212642_zps34dbf54b.jpg

IMG_20130607_203949_zps4d20ac9b.jpg

IMG_20130607_210617_zpsfceac821.jpg

All gunk free and cleaned

FB_IMG_13706360460057559_zps6c71d1bd.jpg

Done

IMG_20130607_212339_zpsaca70b65.jpg

just the rear to do and the wheels will have to wait as I need to order specially made badges from Briskoda

:lol: I'd have to wait at least month to fit it then. The badge area was clean

Update from the weekend. Taken delivery of some custom made centre caps to match the new ones although I haven't fitted them yet as it would mean washing the car.

What I actually did was to hard wire in my in-car camera and added a USB port for my sat-nav or phone charging.

Here is a shot behind the glovebox. You can see where I mounted the dual USB extension above the red tape, one for the camera and the other as the spare.

IMG_20130826_092357_zps6fc21adf.jpg

The extra length of USB cable shown on the left was tucked away and taped together to make sure it doesn't rattle. The cable ran up to the dash, up the A pillar and along the headlining to behind the rear view mirror

IMG_20130813_151642_zps69068bf1.jpg

IMG_20130818_134014_zps9bff00ba.jpg

Now to the USB in the top box, here is the view you don't see, it's just a basic USb extension, but works a treat and wedged in perfectly after some modification. I am pleased with this as I was wondering how to make sure it didn't move when you plugged a USB cable into it

IMG_20130825_154712_zps9754c2bd.jpg

And how you would see it in the car

IMG_20130825_154727_zpse84ae8d9.jpg

Chuffed with the results, but now need to locate a much shorter lead as the TomTom one is rather long and I only need one that is 15cm max to try and keep it neat when I mount the sat-nav each time it is used

Chris, if I can do it anyone can although I'm not sure I'd want to pull your car apart. You just need a live feed with an online fuse to protect the item and then earth it to the body.

Back