• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Official pics and details from Geneva!

Why did they pick that awful yellow colour :?

Surely it would've looked better in white, after all that is the adopted colour of Japan.

CTR said:
Why did they pick that awful yellow colour :?

Surely it would've looked better in white, after all that is the adopted colour of Japan.

White would look very smart.

Honda are brave and i like it.

How about you all stick to the old CTR or a Ford focus, that just happens to look like every other car on the road, And watch in about a years time when you will be thinking actually i do like it. :wink:

Its not chav, you all need to sit back and stop thinking and worrying about this chav shit. You seem to add on more and more to your ever growing chav lists of what makes a car chav or not. :p

Riddles UK said:
Honda are brave and i like it.

How about you all stick to the old CTR or a Ford focus, that just happens to look like every other car on the road, And watch in about a years time when you will be thinking actually i do like it. :wink:

Its not chav, you all need to sit back and stop thinking and worrying about this chav crap. You seem to add on more and more to your ever growing chav lists of what makes a car chav or not. :p

Then everybody who's got an issue with the new CTR must be a chav, myself included :roll: :?

IMO opinion it is a bit chav. Look at the back end and those lights in the middle and it's starts to look they are aftermarket item, just like the bodykit. Kinda reminds me of an old Cortina being driven by someone who has put loads of lights, door reflectors and those rubber trailing things that you hang from the bumper that also have reflectors on. All it needs now is some tiger skin seat covers and it'll be complete. But hey that's my opinion so I'm not knocking you if you like it.

I'm happy with my EP3 even more so now. It's classic they'll talking about in years to come if you ask me.

Think the Type R sticker on the side should be decreased in size too as it's too in your face.

You get this everytime a new model is released. Owners of the current model are just hitting out against it because their CTR isn't the latest model anymore. Just because it is new and bold people are shying away from it and calling it "chav" :roll:

My dad looked at it and straight away he said he liked it, I agree. Those who say the old model is a classic, well you are right in a way, but nobody is going to care apart from some hardcore fans (just like hardly anybody cares about the EK9 CTR although it is import only). Things change, people move on, in two years time the new CTR will have been seen out and about on the roads enough for people to get used to them and most people will like it by then.

I'm willing to bet money on the fact that by 2008 the current CTR will look out of date compared to the new CTR. Chav or not, it is the future!

CTR said:
I'm happy with my EP3 even more so now. It's classic they'll talking about in years to come if you ask me.

I agree. Enough power and torque to make it fun, not overly heavy and very subtle compared to the concept CTR. 8)

Funky said:
You get this everytime a new model is released. Owners of the current model are just hitting out against it because their CTR isn't the latest model anymore. Just because it is new and bold people are shying away from it and calling it "chav" :roll:

My dad looked at it and straight away he said he liked it, I agree. Those who say the old model is a classic, well you are right in a way, but nobody is going to care apart from some hardcore fans (just like hardly anybody cares about the EK9 CTR although it is import only). Things change, people move on, in two years time the new CTR will have been seen out and about on the roads enough for people to get used to them and most people will like it by then.

I'm willing to bet money on the fact that by 2008 the current CTR will look out of date compared to the new CTR. Chav or not, it is the future!

You've made some valid points there mate. I'm not knocking it for fear of my EP3 being outdated because if I honestly did like the new CTR I would've gone and put money down on it straight away. Being bold is one thing but this thing is really over the top IMO. The EP3 is subtle and subdued and shows that it's real hot hatch in the way it goes not by the way it looks.

You don't need to shout to be heard if you ask me :wink:

Having flicked through Autocar and Auto Express whilst at Tesco's (I refuse to buy these magazines due to the bullshite they print) I must say I'm liking the photos. Theres a side on photo that I haven't seen before and I like 8)

Woah, woah, woah sweet child of mine!!

guys, am i missing something here?

Is the word "concept" invisible to everyone else but me?

have a think about all those concept cars you see at the motor shows, you know, the ones with mahoosive wheels and mad colour schemes....

how many of those actually make it to the road without being toned down, sensible-ised and more practical?

flame me if im wrong but i dont think the new "concept" type R will look exactly like this one when its launched.

croftyboy8 said:
flame me if im wrong but i dont think the new "concept" type R will look exactly like this one when its launched.

Maybe mate. I love the way they always put big brakes on concepts yet when the actual real version comes you get none of that.

croftyboy8 said:
Is the word "concept" invisible to everyone else but me?

The word "concept" usually means it will be the next model, in Honda's vocabulary. Just look at the so called concept cars that Honda have unveiled in the past.

Anyway, I agree with Funky's comments, the design is very futuristic and many will struggle to accept it at first. I hated the look of the Civic when it was first revealed in the magazines but now I think it looks very good.

Its the same with the new CTR, people just need some time to accept it. I like the look of it a lot, the only things I don't like about it is the grill area and the position of the bremo calipers.

I think the idea Honda are trying to put across to us is that we don't need huge amounts of bhp for a car that will keep up with the competition, instead it will rely on engineering knowhow to best utilise its 200PS. I've got a feeling this car will corner and handle like no other hot hatch out there. The car looks a bit wider than the EP3 and there seems to be less overhang at the front and rear. Seem very promising this. 8)

On the modding front, it won't be worth buying one until 12 - 18 months in until all the tuners start developing the parts. Pretty similar to the way it went with the EP3.

Erm the SI in the states allready has a Turbo Conversion as well as many other performance parts.

As for the new one....................hummmm Im still not made my mind up, and them pics dont do it justice I dont think................the back is aerm different.

Think the yellow dont do it justice in black would look a lot better... till I see one in the flesh im not sure ill make my mind up then.

I can give you some details:

The photos from the Honda Press release were taken about 18 months ago in Frankfurt.

The Concept is running on 20" alloys, and will use the same engine currently in the new CTR's. (K something?)

The engine will be a "tweaked" version of this........ ideas perhaps involving having the Vtec kicking in at a lower rev range ( :twisted: )

The championship white ones are all photoshops, as the offical colors will most likely be similar to this range of CTRs.. The yellow was concept only I believe.

8)

Bazzer said:
Having flicked through Autocar and Auto Express whilst at Tesco's (I refuse to buy these magazines due to the bullshite they print) I must say I'm liking the photos. Theres a side on photo that I haven't seen before and I like 8)

I saw that side on picture as well and it looks evil! :twisted:

Its going to take a lot of self control when these go on sale to stop myself getting into even more debt!

Funky said:
Bazzer said:
Having flicked through Autocar and Auto Express whilst at Tesco's...........heres a side on photo that I haven't seen before and I like 8)

Think you mean this one.....and obviously taken from my Autoexpress email today :D

carportalpic242909ey.jpg

Welsh-Rich said:
Funky said:
Bazzer said:
Having flicked through Autocar and Auto Express whilst at Tesco's...........heres a side on photo that I haven't seen before and I like 8)

Think you mean this one.....and obviously taken from my Autoexpress email today :D

carportalpic242909ey.jpg

The new CTR looks mean in that pic, all it needs is to be lowered a bit :twisted:

I wonder when we will find out about the interior, I hope we get recaros and LSD this time [-o<

Back