• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Oil questions and recommendations here

Hi

Yeah, Sikboy is right

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-656-5w-40.aspx

Out of those, the best ones are the Fuchs/Silkolene Pro S, Millers CFS, Motul 300V, Redline and Gulf Competition. The Motul 8100 X-Cess, Millers XFS, Fuchs Supersyn, Shell Helix and Mobil Super 3000 are good, cheaper alternatives.

You need an MTF for the gearbox and I would go with the Redline MTL, Amsoil MTF or Fuchs Sintofluid. The Millers EP or Motul Motylgear 75w-80 are good cheaper alternatives.
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][/FONT]

Hiya there guy . i am doing an oil change i will be buying from you
some gulf compotion oil what oil filter would you recommend to go with it .?

Hi there I have just purchased a Honda ITR 2003 PRE-Face lift I was thinking of doing an oil change even *** Honda did it recently the Honda dealer recommended me Castrol Edge professional 0w-30 so I have a Ltr top up of this at the moment I am always worrying bout engines being tappy lol think mabey a little to over precautiones I worry if it's the oil or not I know all engines make noise it is what they do lol I am not sure if to switch oil to mabey amsoil or stick with what the dealer have been using thanks Jamil

0w-30 is fine for those engines, but they can burn it off pretty quickly. It shouldn't be overly tappy with a 0w-30, but if it is you can use a 5w-40 instead
http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-656-5w-40.aspx
Out of those, the best ones are the Fuchs/Silkolene Pro S, Motul 300V, Redline and Gulf Competition. The Motul 8100 X-Cess, Millers XFS, Shell Helix, Fuchs Supersyn and Mobil Super 3000 are good, cheaper alternatives.

Cheers

Tim

Thanks will have a think what to do will performance be affected switching to 5w40 and also do you think amsoil is good what would be best out of amsoil or silcolene pro s thanks jamil

Oil

What is the best Oil for CTR FN2??

also can someone help with what is the best way to check the Oil... from cold or let the engine warm up???

5w30 and 5w40 fully synthetic are best choice

I use motul 8100 excess as it comes highly rated, Fuchs Titan is supposed to be best but £50 for 5L

I always check mine when it's cold and on flat surface

Thanks will have a think what to do will performance be affected switching to 5w40 and also do you think amsoil is good what would be best out of amsoil or silcolene pro s thanks jamil

I'd go for the Pro S as it's ester based and the Amsoil is a PAO synthetic, so a step below the Pro S. Changing to the 5w-40 should not affect the performance, but should affect the oil consumption.

Cheers

Tim

I'd go for the Pro S as it's ester based and the Amsoil is a PAO synthetic, so a step below the Pro S. Changing to the 5w-40 should not affect the performance, but should affect the oil consumption.

Cheers

Tim

Cheers will for sure be getting pro s next :)

Cheers

Tim

I'm ready to do an oil change soon on my new EP3... I'm not savvy with oil grades and benefits of each, but from reading this thread, am I safe to assume that PRO-S 5W 40 will not be burnt off as quick as a 0W 20/30/40??? I do a fair few miles, but will be changing oil every 6,000 miles. Also, as I am new to the EP3, do people find that they have to top-up very often? Last and not least, does it take 5L from empty?

Thanks

Hi

The Pro S 5w-40 should burn off slower than the other grades you mentioned, but the more you use VTEC, the more oil it will burn (usually). It takes just under 5L.

Cheers

Tim

Back