• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ordering jdm rear anti roll bar

hi :)

how long would a jdm rear a r b take to order from main dealers , is it a uk made part?

i know u can get them from suppliers on here , but its not me thats ordered it, so it out of my control?

any suggestion welcome

thanks danny

no insurance / coach works is replacing bent suspension and been told on monday part will be here some time this week , but would of thought it would of been next day delivery from honda :?:

dannysed said:
no my fault should of been more in depth , but thanks any way :)

Dynax isnt the only one who's lost, I've read the post and I still dont know what you mean :oops:

- Kevin.

I gather you want to replace the standard ARB with a JDM unit while your car's suspension is being repaired? Not sure if Honda UK can source the JDM item themselves?

Word of warning, if your car is more than 2 years old I would highly recommend soaking the drop links in WD40 before you start work on them as they corrode very easily. Mine had seized on a 3 year old car, I had to cut them off!

New drop links are hard to get hold of from the dealers, (I've been waiting 2 weeks now) and they are £60 each!

already have jdm rear anti roll bar , but is bent due to impact ,
coachwork/bodyshop ordered new one from dealers , but still waiting for parts .
i was asking if this part is easy sourced by main dealers , as i would of throught is would be .

IIRC UK Honda dealers cannot order JDM parts as they don't have access to the part numbers....

zeffania said:
Chief said:
Harvey said:
How easy is it to fit this?

Depends if the drop links have siezed mate.

lol, 2,3,4 hrs to remove and all of 15 mins to fit :x . What a fun afternoon that was :roll:

Ben - I'll give you a bottle of stalla and a packet of pork scratchings if you fit it for me?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, is it a pain in the arse? Might just gice it to my Dad to do :lol:

Just make sure you spray loads of WD40 in the alan key ends and leave to sort itself out. I didnt and one nut was a bitch to get out. The second wasnt so bad

Just to re-itterate what others have said, the day before you plan to fit the roll bar, spray the drop link nuts with penetrating fluid and lots of it. If the nuts have seized there seems to be no other way of removing the drop links other than cutting them off. This is what I had to do to mine and I was left with the CTR off the road for a month while I waited for new drop links from Honda.

My advice would be to try removing the nuts, if they are stuck or very stiff, leave them alone and order yourself some new drop links and nuts to go with them, Honda dont supply the nuts with the drop links. Mine started to come undone with lots of force, but then the allen key hole in the drop link became enlarged and I had to dremel the nuts off.

Its a right pain in the arse! :lol:

Back