• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pete's 1995 Harvard Blue EG Civic

Another small job sorted this morning, doesn't look perfect but is 10x better than it looked before I started.

Don't think the Honda parts department opens on a Saturday but might swing by on the off chance to see if I can two new wiper arms ordered, not holding out too much hope so will probably end up having to spray the originals.

Seeing the body shop guy next week for a quote on all the exterior bits that need doing :D

Exhaust 1.jpg

Exhaust 2.jpg

Top job Pete. For your wipers, I use Halfords own Satin Black paint, it seems to do a really good job on making them look good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome, must admit its had me looking at eg's recently!

Or the Hycote satin stuff goes on really nicely too and that's cheap. You can almost close your eyes and do it, I couldn't leave run marks with it if i tried..just saying

Thanks guys, I'll have a look at the halfords satin black or hycote as options if honda can't source me a new set (very unlikely)

can't say turning into a monster hasn't crossed my mind but it's hard to justify pulling apart such a clean original, if it was a bit rougher it would be an easier decision lol

also saw some carbon fibre body parts on the Internet the other day and had to click back before I started pricing things up haha

Pretty boring update, but an update none the less lol.

Decided to get the wiper arms freshened up after Honda confirmed (unsurprisingly) that replacement parts have been discontinued.

Got myself a can of Halfords Satin Black (cheers Darren for recommending) and gave them four light coats, surprised how easy they came off didn't even need to use the wiper removal tool I had sitting in the garage.

Onto the next...

Wiper 1.jpg

Wiper 2.jpg

Also put another 5 miles on her with the trip to Halfords and back :D

Dash.jpg

Great job Pete, they look great man, it's always the little things that make a car look better :D

Here's some food for thought... OEM+ upgrades:

262 or 282 front disc conversion (I suspect 262 if you want the current wheels)
Vti rear disc conversion
Vti Dash (I did this to mine, much nicer feel and cooler clocks)
SiR II interior (if you can find one)

Also... there's about 3 million options for D series gearboxes, everything mixes and matches. You could put a short final drive and a long 5th in perhaps?

Ah, the SiR II, lovely little thing. But no... bad Hazz! He said he was planning on keeping it standard ;)

Back