• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pete's 1995 Harvard Blue EG Civic

Cheers pal, how's the 32 coming on? still hoping to make JAE?

Hopefully so bud, it might not be painted, but fingers crossed it'll be running and road legal. Finally got the rear screen booked for fitting, then it's a few final touches before MOT time.

Hopefully so bud, it might not be painted, but fingers crossed it'll be running and road legal. Finally got the rear screen booked for fitting, then it's a few final touches before MOT time.

good news buddy and fingers crossed, loved this at JAE 2015

EG off to the body shop on Monday.

quite a few bits being given a freshen up so can't wait to see how well she turns out

Blowover Pete or just a bit of paint correction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blowover Pete or just a bit of paint correction?

wings and front bumper are being resprayed and dent in passenger wing being filled, partial rear quarter respray and dent in wheel arch being filled, bonnet dents being popped out and sunroof rust being treated and sprayed.

really good price for all that too and the guy dropped out he used to work for Bentley so hoping for a good finish :D

Circa 950kg depending on trim, engine, sunroof etc. IIRC a couple models broke 1100 but I think that's all aircon and options.

Pete's should be 960-970, D-series with a sunroof.

Interesting, So pretty much identical power to weight as my mx5 then.
No wonder they go like stink with engine swaps

Definitely gets the old cogs spinning when you're looking for a daily/project eh?

Wants a grand for the gearbox which you would need, and no mention of ECU. That's before thinking about mounts which would a pain.

I saw a YouTube vid from the owner of Hasport, he's thinking of putting in the new 1.5 turbo engine (L15b7) in an old D-series chassis. He says it is a tall engine so would need to test fit, but it should go. If that's the case, you should be able to get mounts off the shelf for it pretty easily soon.

Meh... There's plenty of cheaper 4 pot turbo lumps out there that'll do the same job. I can't see these becoming the new k-swap lump of choice.

Fcuk me for that money I'd make an SR20 fit an EG and possibly RWD it while I was there. It's been done in the U.S before. I'll try and find the build.

:lol: Surprisingly, the SR20 isn't that big a motor, it's quite a good swap for MX5's.

Back