• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pete's TDi North/Grinspeed tuned NHB CTR & BMW 335i Coupe

Please mind the text speak.

https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?69042-View-on-Text-Speak

tumblr_lwd865D06U1qf4u0xo1_250.gif~c200

I turn my back for 5 minutes (okay 4 months) and the thread goes to sh*t :D

Dank in all fairness the old girl looks great, awesome job on the correction something I always meant to do (or re-spray) at some point.

Bonnet would have been bad as it spent a year or so in my folks shed after having the carbon fibre bonnet fitted.

Hello all, I thought I'd keep this thread updated as I'm the new owner of Pete/jono/Dank's old EP3. Strange how life works out, I actually went to buy this car from Jonno previously but missed out. Fortunately though Jon mentioned that his old Milano red EP3 track car was for sale (DF04RLV) with a nigh on identical spec but plus a roll cage. I went to have a look and a deal was done. Did my first day at Blyton in it last April a few days after taking ownership. It performed really well and held its own against a lot of cars that in their own right should of been quicker. I then did a handful of days at Caldwell, fitted 595RSR's, took a bit more weight out, did a bit of maintenance etc.

A mate managed to bin his GTR so being the good pal I am, I lent him the civic (it was only ever used as a track car so stood doing nothing) which he managed to roll down the A15! I was gutted.... Short version, after agreeing the 'you bent it you bought it' rule stands I spoke to Jo who put me in contact with his old NHB's new owner, Dank. The lad who binned mine and Dan did a deal and I arrived back from snowboarding with a new car on the drive! It's a credit to its previous owners.

I've always fancied a turbocharged EP3, I had a Jackson one about 8 years ago. So have started purchasing the shipping list of parts required. So far I've got
Garret GTX3071r
Same side inlet/outlet 2.5" intercooler
Tial 44m wastegate
Tial 50mm BOV
Bosch motorsport 044 pump
K-Tuned 8AN in line filter
K-Tuned Fuel pressure regulator
K-Tuned breather
K-Tuned hall effect TPS
AEM 4" filter

With it being a track car and with the view to going fully built at some point I wanted a good fuel system. The plan is to use the existing pump as a lift pump to a swirl pot, to the bosch 044, to the filter, run the line to a Y piece, feed both ends of the fuel rail, use the centre exit port to feed the regulator, returning to the swirl pot, overflowing back to the tank. Think I've made my mind up with solid fabs for the manifold and Romain for the tuning.
I'll keep this thread going with updates

Adam

Last edited by a moderator:
Long overdue and relatively boring thread bump.

Dropped the 335 off with BM Euroservice this morning for a service:- oil/filter, air filter and spark plugs.
Also has a small gremlin where the I-drive is flagging up a driver side indicator fault, although everything is working fine so looks just to be the curse of BMW electrical gremlins and asked the technician's to take a look/reset the error.

Owned the car for about 18 months now and its still a dream to drive, power delivery is great and with running it on Shell V Power it makes addictive pops and bangs when letting off the throttle.

Have had some thoughts about Mugen 200's and even EK9's but honestly think I would regret letting the BMW go :(

Maybe I am just getting old :)

I've been having petrol related fantasies of late. Still loving my Bavarian barge however.

Tom and Ed you evil temptresses!! Haha

Its a 1.5lsi and absolutely mint only 31k on the clock from new, thinking of keeping it completely standard and only bringing it out for shows but then the other part of me wants to go full retard and go down the K20 swap route.

Back