• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pete's TDi North/Grinspeed tuned NHB CTR & BMW 335i Coupe

Is it Bens Pete? Its an absolute minter if it is.

Its a tough decision, but either way its a cracking car.

You know the score Pete, go full retard.

K swap and that kit (which costs £2500 before shipping, import duties and fitting )
Would indeed be ultimate retard.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Got her home and she's all tucked up in the garage, did put another 80 miles on her today lol

Drives like a new car, the 1.5 engine is pretty responsive in a car that weighs around 980kg.

If you're not willing to go _full_ full retard, you could look for a d16z6 head or even the JDM d15b, either should give you an awful lot of amusement. Pretty sure you can get 160bhp out of the d15 without too much effort. In something that light it'd be a shame not to.

I repeat my Facebook comment
0b7f7503817394213e92e1cca259439e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quick photo from yesterday, still cannot believe how clean she is under the bonnet, inside and underneath.

The exterior needs a bit of work to remove some dings and scratches that have happened over the last 22 years and potentially might go down the full respray route yet and get the bottom undersealed.

Will post some exterior photos once she's had a good clean.

EG.jpg

Quick photo from yesterday, still cannot believe how clean she is under the bonnet, inside and underneath.

I miss my little EG and that one is mint, lucky sod!

Options:
  1. Keep as-is, it's cute and fun, but nothing thrilling
  2. Get a JDM d15b or d16z6 or d16y8 head and swap it in (you'll need a few extras but it won't be too much)
  3. Get it up to SiR II status, swap in the d16a. I drove one of those in a CRX many moons ago, it was mental
  4. Go full nutter and put a K20 in there - personally I think that's overkill, but...

I miss my little EG and that one is mint, lucky sod!

Options:
  1. Keep as-is, it's cute and fun, but nothing thrilling
  2. Get a JDM d15b or d16z6 or d16y8 head and swap it in (you'll need a few extras but it won't be too much)
  3. Get it up to SiR II status, swap in the d16a. I drove one of those in a CRX many moons ago, it was mental
  4. Go full nutter and put a K20 in there - personally I think that's overkill, but...

Why the obsession with the D series? Be a man and drop a B-series in ;)

Or K-swap... but that will cost a few quid.

Why the obsession with the D series? Be a man and drop a B-series in ;)

I was gonna suggest the B18, but the D-series are where I started out, and they're what the chassis was made for as well (which would make things cheaper, but still fun, less to change but an awful lot of return on investment)

I also got the engine code wrong for the SiR, it was a B16A, so, there you go, I kinda did (inadvertently) suggest one ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
spent the weekend pondering what to do with the EG and initially I think I'm going to keep the mechanical parts as they are (whether this changes or not is a different story haha) the engine/gearbox is absolutely mint so my thoughts are it seems sad to change it with only 31k on the clocks.

so as the interior, engine and underside are spotless attention shifts to the bodywork which does need bringing in line with the rest of the car.

thoughts have swung backwards and forwards but ultimately I think a respray is the way to go, I was really drawn to going cosmic grey and sourcing some gloss black alloys but with the engine bay and door inserts being so clean I'm wondering if just respraying the original harvard blue is the way to go??

also going to have the underneath undersealed (even though it won't see much rain or the winter months) and look for a stainless steel exhaust system more for the clean look than any powerz! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
This was my first car... Yea I know the lights are awful, I was 17. The alloys were worse.

I had the exhaust custom made to look like a sporty OEMish thing, sounded sweet... But judging from my taste in wheels and lights at the time I would take that with a pinch of salt :lol:

To be fair Hazz I've seen a lot worse first cars lol

I remember buying a pair of lexus rear lights for one of my early cars :D

I had Lexus lights in my Vectra GSi, circa 2004. Probably the most expensive part of the car.

Incidentally, in my recent eBay searches, I found an EG, 1.5lsi currently at £450, nowhere near as tidy as Petes, but a good starting point for someone.

I had Lexus lights in my Vectra GSi, circa 2004. Probably the most expensive part of the car.

Incidentally, in my recent eBay searches, I found an EG, 1.5lsi currently at £450, nowhere near as tidy as Petes, but a good starting point for someone.

and you definitely don't have any reason not to do a crazy K20 swap lol

Back