• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Petrol prices in your area

It'll run on 95 but as with most turbos, it likes a bit of the good stuff.

Adaptive ECU so I've been told, within limits obviously but I've not exactly dyno'd it to be sure.

The WRX STi however did need 97+. Dealer filled it with regular when I test drove it. Much cringing was done that day.

Christ you'd think a dealer would manage to put the right juice in. Have never owned turbo car myself but they seem so pernickety about octane. Perhaps I'm wrong but even very fast NA cars seem far less bothered.

117.9 for Momentum 99 at the weekend in Notts
112.9 for 95ron ESSO

And I got 6p a litre off at Tesco - magic

Market stabilised last couple of days, probably due to Xmas & new year, could continue to Plummet again early Jan. Ex refinery prices around 102.5 for Unleaded (with VAT).

Market rising today, over 1ppl at the moment, expect it to fall again mid next week.

Current wholesale prices (inc VAT),

Derv - circa 108ppl
Unleaded - circa 105ppl

How many of you use BP Ultimate?

I ended up going to BP for fuel last time to a garage that's usually a bit pricey. Sticker price was £1.129 so thought it'd be fine.

Lift pump, fill car, slam pump back into holster, swagger into booth, pay up, back to car, check price... £1.399 per litre. Fcuking fcukers. I can only assume they are subsidising the cheap fuel with overpriced premium?

Between €1.24 and €1.31 for petrol here atm and between €1.14 and €1.20 for diseasel.

Aye, but since I can't buy it wholesale I'll take it. :lol:

V-Power is a good 4p more expensive, so what I was getting at is it's the best price available to me.

I get your point, but whether that is a bigger margin than normal is irrelevant to me. Until Shell start dropping the price of V-Power, Tesco aren't going to follow suit and Asda and Sainsbury's driving the retail price of normal unleaded only reflects on Super so much, which Asda and Sainsbury's don't sell.

Plus it normally takes a week or two of the retailers making some money before the retail price comes in line with the wholesale change.

It's an adaptive ECU on the Focus so I've been told. I've not dyno'd the difference to validate it but bum dyno seems to back it up. It runs better on Momentum over V-Power too, which is the main reason for the swap.

Hit a new low out here, combined with the discount offered all over the place for shopping at certain places etc, got 14c off a litre bringing it to $0.984 a litre.

Or roughly £0.53p.

Back