• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Piper

well....i have just discovered that my standard exhaust is blowing by the rear box. i fancy buying that piper system, which company would people recommend i buy it off?

the abp website isnt any help as i cant navigate it or see prices, the CPL website just says piper cat back with no pictures and piper are charging 40quid more for the system than both of them, i need help.

They sell on eBay.

That's what I thought.

The CTR is 197bhp at the flywheel, not the wheels. Car manufacturers nearly always give the flywheel figure as it's higher therefore more impressive. The actual power you put down onto the road (i.e. through the wheels) is going to be somewhat less.

I'm currently trying to find a formula to try and work it out. I'm sure HASNIC will know.

IIRC the general view is an 18% drivetrain loss on the EP3 so the WHP will be 18% less than the FHP equivalent and vice versa.

Funnily enough ABP have a phone, are members on here and also have email so i'm sure you could contact them somehow.

it's because i'm at work and it's hard to ring up asking about exhausts when i'm supposed to be working lol
they are members?
oh just seen your link, cheers

IIRC ep3's dont even make 197 (claimed) bhp, its usually around mid 180ish...

Now my EP3 is completely standard (i have taken all mods off) il be visiting a dyno soon to see how much bhp its putting out standard.

IIRC ep3's dont even make 197 (claimed) bhp, its usually around mid 180ish...

Now my EP3 is completely standard (i have taken all mods off) il be visiting a dyno soon to see how much bhp its putting out standard.

you have to keep up posted mate.

hi mate,ive been lazy and not been yet, ive not been driving the ctr either its been parked up for a while, i need to fit the standard airbox and intake pipe yet (i use to have gruppe m) then hopefully take it down to see how much power its putting out before i do the mods. I only want a dyno read out before the mods, then one final read after the mods. Looking forward to it actually.

Will keep you posted if and when i end up going.

has anyone fitted this to thier car and noticed a difference?

seems a very large gain. a very good gain if it is proven tho.

haha no worries mate, going to cost alot all these dyno's isn't it?

It wont cost that much mate as il only pay for like two runs, its about 40ish pounds a run (il prob do it at tdi-north as im not far from them), one run/printout il do with the car completely standard, and then il get one final one again from them after all worjk is done so i can comapre the readings. The readings will not be for pub talk, its just to see roughly how much ive gained from standard.

Few people on CTRO have fitted the piper mani/cat-backs on ep3's , if you register on CTRo you can PM the guys who have one fitted and ask them how they are finding it. If they live near you, you can pop over to thiers/meet up and see it in person.

oh right, well yeah it will be interesting actually. sorry what mods are you running? you may have already said.

Hi all, i have just had my Piper cat back exhaust fitted. It is a very good fit and was so easy to put on. Plenty of ground clearance too and mines lowered 25mm. I also chose the option of having 2 3" pipes to keep the standard look, and it looks just as i wanted.
I will try to get some photos at the weekend for you to see.

Hi all, i have just had my Piper cat back exhaust fitted. It is a very good fit and was so easy to put on. Plenty of ground clearance too and mines lowered 25mm. I also chose the option of having 2 3" pipes to keep the standard look, and it looks just as i wanted.
I will try to get some photos at the weekend for you to see.

Nice one, please do! How much did it cost to have optional tailpipe if you don't mind me asking?

Not sure there was an extra charge, but i did pay £400 for the full system with delivery. Its from Pipers website, but Abp might be able to get hold of it cheaper?

Not sure there was an extra charge, but i did pay £400 for the full system with delivery. Its from Pipers website, but Abp might be able to get hold of it cheaper?

i have seen it cheaper on ABP for like £325 notes without delivery but that only seems to be on the 6x4 oval pipe

ABP sell the single silencer system thats why its cheaper, as far as I know all others are twin silencers.

Sugarpuff is correct! We sell our Single box system @ £325.00 Inc Vat which has a 6x4 Oval Taipipe. The other Piper system which is available is a Twin Silenced system which is abit quieter than the Singlebox version but has a choice of Tailpipe options @ £375.00 Inc Vat.

We carry our own system instock or would need to order the Twin silenced system into stock but can either fit or post out which ever was required!

Cheers,

Matt
ABP:lol:

Sugarpuff is correct! We sell our Single box system @ £325.00 Inc Vat which has a 6x4 Oval Taipipe. The other Piper system which is available is a Twin Silenced system which is abit quieter than the Singlebox version but has a choice of Tailpipe options @ £375.00 Inc Vat.

We carry our own system instock or would need to order the Twin silenced system into stock but can either fit or post out which ever was required!

Cheers,

Matt
ABP:lol:

how much would it be to have it delivered to Kent matey?

Back