• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Placing the axle stands on rear?

Putting the Tie bar on, where do the axle stands go LOL?

Can I put it on the .... axle, where the tie bar will go?

Stupid question indeed :cool::p

Jack up using the rear jack point (tow hook) and then slip the axel stands where you would jack the car up to change a wheel either side.

:lol:

I need the stands both sides. Tow hook wtf?

You have a central jacking point at the front and back of the car. The one at the back is the tow hook.

It's the bit where Lottie has bolted her tow hook onto here:

tow4.jpg

The rest of you can just fcuk off :lol:.

Oh right. Thank you, but where can I place the stands in order to change the tie bar?

Oh right. Thank you, but where can I place the stands in order to change the tie bar?
Under your jacking points by the wheels.

Get the car into the air using the rear centre jack point, place axel stands under rear side jack points, remove jack. Simples.

Jack up using the rear jack point (tow hook) and then slip the axel stands where you would jack the car up to change a wheel either side.

Just add to this, MAKE SURE you chock the front wheels if you use the tow hook. The hand brake only holds the rear wheels and the car will roll on an uneven surface!

Also ^Joe, if you're struggling to jack the car up (barring in mind that it's all in the manual anyway) should you really be fitting mods yourself?

No, the LCA's need to be raised slightly in order to remove the bolt that holds the LCA/tie bar in place

But once the car is up, you could do this with a jack, like when you replace the camber adjuster arms.

But once the car is up, you could do this with a jack, like when you replace the camber adjuster arms.

Yeah sure. It is a bit of a PITA to do on stands imo, best off chucking a tenner at a garage. will take 5 mins to do on a lift.

BTW LCA's are a nause to change, especially with a standard back box.:evil::lol:

Also ^Joe, if you're struggling to jack the car up (barring in mind that it's all in the manual anyway) should you really be fitting mods yourself?

I read the manual, it didn't say about the axle stands though.

I've done plenty of mods on the older cars, but they have nice beams for axles :D

Can manage two bolts.

Thanks for the pics mate, and the advice all.;)

I read the manual, it didn't say about the axle stands though.

I've done plenty of mods on the older cars, but they have nice beams for axles :D

Can manage two bolts.

I was just concerned for your well-being. Don't have to tell the whole forum that we have a squashed ex member. :D

Back