• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Proud DC5 Owner!!! Youngest owner?

3197199560_af7e5ce9cf.jpg

seriously who goes from owning a Honda to a Ford anyways, ahahaah what a joke!

Dear EP3-VAK

While I found your candour and brutal defence of your forum chum with the DC5 most refreshing and acerbic I feel I must reply to this insult what you directed at NYA.

There are now a select few of us here (3. Remaining firmly at 3 with no chances of additional people currently) who have made the great leap of faith changing from Honda ownership to Ford and I must say, for 1/3 of us at least it has been a delightful change.

Whilst I know that NYA and indeed Jermal have had their own slight teething problems with the Ford brand with their particular choice of vehicles, I myself drive mine daily, and let me tell you, a fantastic car it is too.

You must learn to realise that there are those of us in this vehicular minority who have made the change and are happy with it. Some days it's great and you feel that the whole world is just out there for the taking, but other days it still remains a struggle to be "that" person. Petty insults and digs at us hurt, and they don't help to move things forward into a world where owning a Ford after a Honda is socially acceptable.

We've all had difficult times coming to terms with the change. Some of us have even had family members who will no longer speak to us. Luckily my family were hugely supportive and their main concern was that I was happy with what I'd done. I do know that others don't have this luxury though and continue to receive abuse from time to time. Some of us can handle it better than others.

I'd implore that next time before you go ahead and insult a Ford owner without really thinking about what you're doing, you stop for a moment before you press "reply" and actually ponder on what effect your words will have once they are out there and directed towards someone. I've spent the last 5 minutes shaking with a mixture of anger and upset before I could bring myself to reply to you.

I hope you can understand where we, as a group of people are coming from. I'm hoping and assuming it's simply ignorance on your part and the fact you've not encountered people like us before that has led you to this bigotry. And that's what it is, bigotry.

Thanks for reading.

Graham

enjoy your dc5 mate good on you if you work hard and want to spend your money on your car fair play at 19 i was driving a xr3 convertable not quite a dc5 but i am a old twa* so at the time was quite impressive i thought anyway fortunatly i saw the light as i got older and drove cars that didnt fall apart only joking ford owners if thats your bag good on you

Dear EP3-VAKWhile I found your candour and brutal defence of your forum chum with the DC5 most refreshing and acerbic I feel I must reply to this insult what you directed at NYA.There are now a select few of us here (3. Remaining firmly at 3 with no chances of additional people currently) who have made the great leap of faith changing from Honda ownership to Ford and I must say, for 1/3 of us at least it has been a delightful change.Whilst I know that NYA and indeed Jermal have had their own slight teething problems with the Ford brand with their particular choice of vehicles, I myself drive mine daily, and let me tell you, a fantastic car it is too.You must learn to realise that there are those of us in this vehicular minority who have made the change and are happy with it. Some days it's great and you feel that the whole world is just out there for the taking, but other days it still remains a struggle to be "that" person. Petty insults and digs at us hurt, and they don't help to move things forward into a world where owning a Ford after a Honda is socially acceptable.We've all had difficult times coming to terms with the change. Some of us have even had family members who will no longer speak to us. Luckily my family were hugely supportive and their main concern was that I was happy with what I'd done. I do know that others don't have this luxury though and continue to receive abuse from time to time. Some of us can handle it better than others.I'd implore that next time before you go ahead and insult a Ford owner without really thinking about what you're doing, you stop for a moment before you press "reply" and actually ponder on what effect your words will have once they are out there and directed towards someone. I've spent the last 5 minutes shaking with a mixture of anger and upset before I could bring myself to reply to you.I hope you can understand where we, as a group of people are coming from. I'm hoping and assuming it's simply ignorance on your part and the fact you've not encountered people like us before that has led you to this bigotry. And that's what it is, bigotry.Thanks for reading.Graham
Nurses have commited suicide for less!

enjoy your dc5 mate good on you if you work hard and want to spend your money on your car fair play at 19 i was driving a xr3 convertable not quite a dc5 but i am a old twa* so at the time was quite impressive i thought anyway fortunatly i saw the light as i got older and drove cars that didnt fall apart only joking ford owners if thats your bag good on you

I thought I was the coolist kid around with my Rover 216GTi Twincam (Honda engine don't you know) aged 18-19. Unfortunately every time I drove past the local group of kids at the shops they all shouted in unison "it's a Rover!" :mad:

Ollie

Last edited by a moderator:
Mainly thanks to you and your chum, I hope you're proud.
excuse me? it was already way off topic before i even replied on this thread. It seemed as though a select few members of this forum were gunning for his blood just because they didnt know if he had declared his mods to insurance.

Very nice DC5 buddy! Very jealous that you're only 19 and you've got one! I'll keep a look out for you as I'm in Norwich too :) Looking forward to seeing some updates soon, rather than seeing everyone else clogging your thread up...

Back