• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Quality issues

Unfortunately I haven't had much joy with Honda either.

The dealer heard the noise, agreed it wasn't nice but said there was nothing they could do.

Essentially they just pointed out this part of the manual and said it's fine.

■ Brake squeal
To satisfy the performance under a wide range of driving conditions, a high-
performance braking system is equipped
on your vehicle. You may hear the brake
squeal under certain conditions, such as vehicle speed, deceleration, humidity, and
so on. This is not a malfunction

Not impressed really, but the service dept was apologetic about the situation. Suggested giving it a few more miles and seeing if the problem eases off.

Even if it does all that means is the pad has worn through the chunk of metal that was there.. doesn't mean it won't find another straight away.

Might start thinking about a different set of pads instead.

Never had ANY issues like this on my DC5's brembos.

The dealer heard the noise, agreed it wasn't nice but said there was nothing they could do.

Not impressed really, but the service dept was apologetic about the situation. Suggested giving it a few more miles and seeing if the problem eases off.

Even if it does all that means is the pad has worn through the chunk of metal that was there.. doesn't mean it won't find another straight away.

Just out of interest has it been like this since you first got the car?
Thanks

Might be worth trying fk2 pads. Perhaps the 8 pads are a different compound, fk2 pads from my experience are noise free.

Might be worth trying fk2 pads. Perhaps the 8 pads are a different compound, fk2 pads from my experience are noise free.

A couple of FK2 owners have also had the squeal from day one as well

Seems an absolute lottery. Changing pads seems the way forward, hope you get a noise free set

I had my bonnet scope replaced under warranty on Thursday and this morning was the first time I've seen it in daylight. The paint match is terrible, it's worst than the original. Why couldn't the mechanics spot that it's worse and leave the original one on. God they are hopeless.

I had my bonnet scope replaced under warranty on Thursday and this morning was the first time I've seen it in daylight. The paint match is terrible, it's worst than the original. Why couldn't the mechanics spot that it's worse and leave the original one on. God they are hopeless.

Would you mind telling if you bought your car from an Essex dealer?

If so would you recommend them?

Thanks

Chelmsford Glyn Hopkins and no I would never recommend recommend them after this my wife asked them to pleas keep the other one as she didn't think it was a good match so I could get to see it in daylight. Just a few days. Nope they sent it anyway! They said honda said they had to have it this week.

How come it was replaced ? Rattling ?

Chelmsford Glyn Hopkins and no I would never recommend recommend them after this my wife asked them to pleas keep the other one as she didn't think it was a good match so I could get to see it in daylight. Just a few days. Nope they sent it anyway! They said honda said they had to have it this week.

Thanks
They are my nearest dealer
Unfortunately Glyn Hopkin have a monopoly in Essex

The first one was replaced because of the difference in colour. The new one is so much worse.

I have bought many different makes through Glyn Hopkins and have found if there are problems they will not fight your corner. I.e new navara with trim missing in side and a year and half later still haven't got them.

I had a courtesy Civic the other day and there was also brake squeal in that car also. So I don’t think it is just something that occurs on the FK8

I have mate. They promised me a call today but again they have not. That's 5 promises to call and had none .
I am starting to think they don't care

Back