• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Red stuff or green stuff

Danger200

Anyone recommend either of them?
i had green stuff pads on my last car but apparently you need red stuff over 200bhp and them need to be warmed up or something.
can anyone help?

as lee says the ferodo are better choice. in my experience on red stuff vs green stuff i would stick to the green unless you have a 40000000 BHP track car that you don't use on the roads.

so its ferodo all the way then lol. what about discs? the EBC ones look pretty good or shall i steer clear of them also?

I run greenstuff and will be changing to Ferodos ASAP as the EBC pads just cant cope with slowing my coupe from speed... Close to dangerous at certain times if I am totally honest

I ran EBC redstuff pads for a short while and what a huge mistake, couldnt wait to get back on ferrodos and when i did the EBCs were cracked and in several pieces.

I gurantee you the DS2500's will not dissapoint!!!!

oh crap, i used to have green stuff on my fiesta, although it was only running 130bhp. i never did think they were any better than standard, i just thought it was the fiesta.
cheers neily, it was only really for the look, but i did want some function out of them, i wont waste my money on EBC again then lol

oh crap, i used to have green stuff on my fiesta, although it was only running 130bhp.

There's quite a difference between 130 and 200 brake.

I've always used OEM pads and they've always been upto the job. My advice would be leave yourself enough distance to brake safely.

I have redstuff on at the moment, they came with the car when I got it, they seem ok but I will be changing to DS2500's when the time comes, I have DBA grooved discs which seem to do a great job - I also have some goodridge stainless steel brake lines to fit at some point.

Ive have used two sets of redstuff on my CTR, front and rear. I thought they were ok, but they do make a mess of the disc's and are totally rubbish when cold. I have now got DS2500 fitted to the front and OEM on the rear, when I changed to these I also fitted HEL stainless brake lines and uprated my brake fluid to 5.1. They are a massive improvement over the redstuff, alot safer when cold aswell because you can actually stop :p
On the last session at Rockingham the other week I wanted to see if I could get these hot enough to give me brake fade, all I can say is when I pulled into the pits there was smoke coming out from my front disc's but I didnt once suffer brake fade (every corner I was braking late and very hard)

Dont touch the greenstuff, they are for -200bhp cars, I know the CTR is stated as having 197bhp but that is right on the limit and they do not really perform well because of this.

oh yeah, the brakes are fine but i just wanted something that was a bit sharper just incase.
yeah there is a major difference haha, took a bit to get used to i must say.
my friends and most people on here all recommend the ferrodos but i did have someone say that they werent good when cold, but i seem to be getting mixed reactions.
next step brake lines before discs then?
yeah but if i get the 200bhp+ i can keep them if the modding bug catches hold, so im defintaely staying away from the greenstuff and EBC for that matter.
smoke isnt good though is it? lol

If you're not tracking it then stick with OEM discs, they're far better than people give them credit for.

OEM discs and DS2500 for road use should be fine.

I would steer well clear of red stuff etc.

yeah, i dont intend on track days as it has cost me enough and i dont have another car if it goes wrong haha
one wrong bend at brands hatch and its a goner

Back