• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Return of the Footwell Lighting Kits!

Hi,

I just wanted to know if you have received my payment for white led's?
Please let me know,
Many thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

Yep payment was received on the 8th.

They should have been posted yesterday so hopefully you'll be getting them today.

Thanks!

Yep payment was received on the 8th.

They should have been posted yesterday so hopefully you'll be getting them today.

Thanks!
Cheers dude!, got them today,thanks for the fast service!, will fit them soon

Just a heads up that I have recently discovered sellers on eBay that have stole my images and used them to try and sell cheap strips of LED, I want to assure everyone this is not as good a quality as what I use and apart from here on TRO if the kit is not sold by RickHondaR then I assure you its not a genuine product and the quality and instructions will not be as good.

What I will say is to start with all the LED and specs were about the same when it was first developed and it was very very expensive (around £40pm) but then as always competition set in and the product become cheaper as it was mass produced, what also happened then is some manufacturers looked at other ways to make this even cheaper and this is were they cut corners for example

1. Swapped copper conductor in the PCB to aluminium then this was taken a step further to basically tin foil you wrap your sandwiches up with, well to be honest some tin foil you have at home will be better quality. I have sample tapes were the copper or alloy PCB is thinner than the 3m sticky tape backing you peel of to throw in the binThis effect the durability plus the quality of the product.

2. Originally it was all a double sided PCB tape but again now the cheap stuff is only single sided and to be fair very thin is metals cost money but this also makes the tape weak and tear easy.

3. Quality of the LED chips and resistors, I have been informed a lot of the cheap low quality stuff is made from the LED chips that fail quality control so in fact the light output of each LED chip will be lower or life expectancy will be lower. Now this could be only 10% difference or 50% difference but at the end of the day still a second, A good example of this is a bit like Intel used to re-badge and lock down under performing Pentium P4 CPU and cell them a Celeron back in the day.

Well I did not move with the times I stuck to the original spec and high quality product that was first manufactured and yes this costs more but then its also reliable and effective a good example of this is how I fitted around 40m of my LED in a local restaurant 5 years ago and this is illuminated for around 8 hours a day 7 days a week and not a single issue in all that time.

You get what you pay for full stop!

I will say as well that I might be upgrading to the very latest LED chip in the next 6 months or so (have stock to move first ad the new chip has only been on the market around 6 months), this is still mounted on the same high quality copped double sided PCB but the heat sink on the LED chip is around 3 times more efficient which has also made the LED light output around 130% brighter and for my non car sales this is now all I am using. I am currently thinking is this better for a car or to bright and better sticking with a tried and tested product plus I can not at this moment in time have the chip on a black backed PCB were I can in the old spec.

OK I have 4 of the old kits left in Red and suspect these will be all packed and sold before Monday so after that I will be using all the new LED on my Red kits as mentioned above but will be a while before I do on Blue as I still have around 200 old kits to shift first. This new LED is just over 300% brighter on lumen output than the LED shown in the pictures so is very effective plus I now offer a kit with a remote dimmer pack that can be supplied here for £27 which is £4.99 cheaper than my eBay price, The remote dimmer allows you to set the exact brightness level you require or to just simple turn the power on and off to your footwell kit and is supplied with a credit card size remote control.

Please note the added benefits of buying a kit here;

1. The club (TRO) keeps a fee which is very reasonable to help with running costs and keep the forum free to you all
2. You save £3 on a standard kit or £5 on a dimmer kit over my ebay price but still receive exactly the same product and service

Please remember my kit comes with everything needed to fit and ready to fit all you need is around 15 minutes of your time a set of pliers, pozidrive screw driver and patience. You will not be running around to car spares shops trying to buy this that or the other and the Kit is factory made to my specifications in China so it is a perfect fit in your car while being of a very high quality and giving of a decent amount of light without being over the top or attracting unwanted attention.

I have got to say to all those sat on the fence these do sell very well on my ebay shop at £19.99 and in my opinion this is a cracking price for a tried, tested and proven product complete with very clear simple step by step fitting instructions for your car and don't forget I also provide a full 1 year warranty and unlike most ebay sellers who wont do anything once paypal will not get involved I will sort all genuine problems I have been doing this kit now for over 7 years so I do know what I am talking about and this has evolved over the years to improve quality and problems in my instructions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Installed mine the other day, just a heads up, if your Led's don't turn on the try take a pair of pliers and slightly squeeze the connectors, I tried to do it with my fingers but it wouldn't make contact.

This is what they look like, very happy with them, Thanks for the brilliant service!
c355cf259f1aa0b0db21d7cca58282af.jpg

6ef62dafad7d569e03e236f2b0722d3d.jpg

This is what they look like, very happy with them, Thanks for the brilliant service! 
c355cf259f1aa0b0db21d7cca58282af.jpg

6ef62dafad7d569e03e236f2b0722d3d.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

Thanks for posting the photos and it does look great ;)

The white LED is the new LED chip as I dont have white factory made so I always solder this myself before posting, this just goes to show how effective my LED chip is and that it is not all about quantity / length of LED but more about the quality of the LED itself.

Hi Rick,
I am wanting a set of these lights for my type r fn2 in red with the dimmer kit too, how do I go about purchasing these from yourself?

cheers scott

Hi Rick,
I am wanting a set of these lights for my type r fn2 in red with the dimmer kit too, how do I go about purchasing these from yourself?

cheers scott

Hi Scott,

Details are in the first post of the thread, however with the dimmer kit the total is £27.

Send payment by "Friends and Family" payment on PayPal to [email protected] and include the kit you want, your car model and your address in the comments box.

If you prefer bank transfer, PM me and I'll reply with the bank details.

Cheers!

Just a heads up that all the RED kits are now the newer brighter LED chip otherwise the kit is the same with the same quality

And the new Type-R? :D

Not that I have one yet lol. Ahh yes I forgot about 9G as it wasn't a Type-R.

Will be looking at the red kit for my EP3 though.

And the new Type-R? :D Not that I have one yet lol. Ahh yes I forgot about 9G as it wasn't a Type-R. Will be looking at the red kit for my EP3 though.
Yeah my 9G kit and instructions will be the same on the new Type R but to be honest I don't expect to sell many of them soon with the £30k price tag

Hi Loxy,

I am going for the new red LED kit with Dimmer for my EP3 :D

Have White LED central light bulb fitted but the red will match the carpet/ matt outline :D

Hi Loxy,

I am going for the new red LED kit with Dimmer for my EP3 :D

Have White LED central light bulb fitted but the red will match the carpet/ matt outline :D

On the EP3 you wire the kit to work in tandem with the interior light and the kit dims when the centre internal light dims. The LED kit with dimmer control doesn't follow the auto dimming central light. It fades up properly but turns off when you close the door, it's a quirk of the circuitry. If you want the kit to follow the procedure of the internal light, then just order the normal kit. ;)

Payment details should be on the first post. :smt023

On the EP3 you wire the kit to work in tandem with the interior light and the kit dims when the centre internal light dims. The LED kit with dimmer control doesn't follow the auto dimming central light. It fades up properly but turns off when you close the door, it's a quirk of the circuitry. If you want the kit to follow the procedure of the internal light, then just order the normal kit. ;)

Payment details should be on the first post. :smt023

Payment sent Loxy. EP3 and red kit.

Back