• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

RevMonkey's Fn2 :) Updated, Carbon wrap

Yep that's exactly what it is :)

Better noise, throttle feels snappier, engine seems to rev more freely. The mugen and tegiwa carbon airboxes are based on the standard one , but smooth insides and a more direct cold air feed (couple of weeks and I'll get something on the go)

My box won't be as good as them but it's closer than the original. http://www.hondata.com/techkseriesairboxmod.html

Sent via the NecronomiPhon, inter cranial transmission device

Did you cut the excess plastic out and sand it down as well?

Ross did that for me yes, sanded as smooth as possible, much smoother than just cutting the vanes out.

Ok one more little update :D as mentioned. Stinking smelly weather today, after a spot of light aquaplaning on the M9, coupled with 2 surprise lane changes due to gale force winds I made it up to Falkirk to visit Scott from wonder wheels, we met him at the Falkirk cruise 2 months ago (Rowbos car dragged him over, it has that effect ;))

I scraped the nearside rear wheel a bit on thursday night, gutted, haven't done that in 10+ years :(. Friday I gave Scott a call , dropped the car off this morning at 10.30, Scott really went the extra mile for me, I now have 4 gleaming satin black oem alloys :) I purposely left the centres silver as they suit the colour scheme and I am keeping the chrome nuts as I feel they lift the darkness a little
52848ba8-2acf-867d.jpg
5284f87c-2aec-c477.jpg

bad photos due to weather and light ! Will post proper pics when weather permits and I can get some good pics up :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm now thinking black mirror caps required also

dc078db3.jpg
07fc8973.jpg

Morning sunshine @ JCMB :D

Fog protection covers on at lunchtime :D
dea508e2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
get they calipers sorted out with a lick of paint auld boy!! looking really nice with the black wheels on it, good choice to keep the small touches of silver on them as it does lift the darkness out

i have been looking at the black wing mirrors aswell but unsure if i should just paint the ones i have or source NHB ones.....assistance needed i think

Aye calipers are on this weeks to do list weather permitting ;). Put my fog covers on earlier very pleased! She's starting to look proper mean!

Looking good now, you wasn't tempted with the smoked fog light covers as well to go with the black look?

I think the wheels would look a lot better with the centre caps painted black. I see what you're going for but not sure it works.......Just my thoughts though.

I think the wheels would look a lot better with the centre caps painted black. I see what you're going for but not sure it works.......Just my thoughts though.

Fair do's Jord :) , it's all experimental ;) I may well do that in the near future (can get black vinyl with red H covers for the center caps on civinfo), at moment im still getting used to the change, the black wheels have made her a bit more dramatic looking, the pics dont do it justice at all really. :(

Theres a big scottish civinfo meet on this sunday, wanted to make sure I had some of the stuff done I wanted in time. Next however I want springs, frs, and the goodrige hoses i've got stashed away fitted with some nice rbf600 fluid.

Hey mate just wondered where you got your mud guards from and your spot light covers. Car looks ace btw

Thanks teg :D The mud flaps are Honda extras and were already on the car when I got it. I'm thinking about taking them off actually. The fog protectors are from a civinfo trader called wanner69 http://www.civinfo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69623

£15 come in clear, yellow , blue (loxy's car) and as of today in light and dark smoked which I might get as well. They come with 3m lock fixings, Wayne's a good lad and the protectors are pretty substantial . Well worth £15!

Yeah man smoked will look ace on yours I like the look of the blue. Need to get a PayPal account set up lol will pop into Honda and see if I can get some guards.

You might not like the price! Seen to remember them being funny money

Do them mirror caps man, would really tie it all together, looking mean as a MoFo though ;)

Back