• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

s2000 ep3?

lox

dont know if this has been asked before
but has an s2000 AP1/AP2 F20C been dropped in an ep3?

I'm afraid I have no idea but I'd imagine it would be a massive pain due to the way the engines are mounted. Would an S2k engine in an EP3 really be a worthy effort for the power gains?

You could probably get the same if not more power for the EP3 by modding it than sticking the S2000 lump in although I believe as others have said on here the transplant itself is nigh on impossible.

dont think its worth the hassle.
the s2000 has the engine and box mounted like a beemers setup with the engine turned 90 degrees in the bay and the box heading towards the rear wheels.

engine spins the other way (so I've read) so you end up with 1 forward gear and 6 reverse.

Can't be done.

ok in the future i want to see 250/300bhp but i dont want it to loose its character.

natural/super charged/turbo? i really want to go all natural thats why i asked about f20

ok in the future i want to see 250/300bhp but i dont want it to loose its character.

natural/super charged/turbo? i really want to go all natural thats why i asked about f20

You should be able to hit 250+ with a good NA build but it would not be cheap!

dont the S2000s have like 260bhp? i didnt realise they werent the same engine. do they still have a little kick over 5500rpm??

The F20 and the K20 both rotate the same direction.

The s2000 is VTEC rather than IVTEC

The only benefit of dropping the F20 and 6 speed box into a civic would be to gain a RWD setup. This would require a full rear end subframe manufacture and substantial work. Much the same as the Golfs, Novas and Corsas that were converted.

Our F20 with jenveys throttle bodies on an accurate rolling road made 267bhp. The VTEC is Throttle dependant rather than RPM so VTEC can be switched from as low as 2000 RPM right through the RPM range.

We will hopefully be back to back testing the Jenveys with the AT Power throttles as some mates of mine work for AT Power and we can get a set for a day!

F20 home made dry sump is the next step for us!

The s2000 is VTEC rather than IVTEC
The VTEC is Throttle dependant rather than RPM so VTEC can be switched from as low as 2000 RPM right through the RPM range.

iVtec and vtec are both throttle and rpm dependant, hence the lower and upper boundaries on kpro for example.
i-VTEC - intelligent Variable valve Timing and lift Electronic Control. This is a combination of both the VTEC and the VTC technologies - in other words, i-VTEC = VTEC + VTC.

Vtec is just intelligent Variable valve Timing and lift Electronic Control and does not have the VTC technology.

Was actually thinking if this was possible about a week after buying my CTR. Glad to know now.

Thought it might be possible to just swap the engine and use the CTR 'box so it was FWD and use the S2000 ECU etc.

Back