• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

S2000 Turbo part 2

After lots of hassle in the past with other so called tuners, I went to APT of Norwich and they sorted out the running, the engine was re-built by Scholar who did a great job, so now running a 2.38 litre NA running ITB's, 240 at the wheels approx 280 Bhp at the flywheel 205 lb Ft torque, not huge amounts but enough.

I'm sure J won't mind me saying, but he's now got a MASE turbo conversion & MASE will be mapping it (think weekend I think?)
He's binned the methanol too.

I'm sure he mentioned something silly like 500bhp last weekend when I saw him :eek: :lol:
I'll be speaking to him later Nick & might be popping down to see what she makes.
I'll get some more details mate ;)

Phil's makes over 600 @ the wheels iirc

Are they even drivable with that much power? Are they still RWD?

Mine squirms a little now when I hoof it while overtaking (hitting the white painted lines in the middle of the road) that gets my ass twitching I tell you.

I'd be scared to go WOT :lol: .

My goodness, I bet that's a right laugh to drive. Cant beat a bit of the fear factor chucked in to liven things up lol

Mine squirms a little now when I hoof it while overtaking (hitting the white painted lines in the middle of the road) that gets my ass twitching I tell you.

White lines are evil in the wet Nick, but what tyres you running?

A classic example of chasing figures rather than reliability.

Why you say that Stu?
J's ran 350bhp on his old set-up, but it's just not as good as MASE's bolt on kit.
The boost is gear dependant, so you'll get full power say @ WOT in 6th.
There are some running 800+BHP :eek:

ORLY? Has it blown up recently then?

Phil's S2K made over 600BHP with over 100K on the clock on OEM internals.

White lines are evil in the wet Nick, but what tyres you running?

The tyres on teh car are ****, but brand new Lee. Its what came on the car.

Im looking to source a decnet set of spares and put some proper rubber on them, but Im not paying silly money for them so its taking time.

The tyres on teh car are ****, but brand new Lee. Its what came on the car.

Im looking to source a decnet set of spares and put some proper rubber on them, but Im not paying silly money for them so its taking time.

Fair one then dude, makes perfect sense to me.

I am not saying it is a bad thing, but how drivable do you think a 600bhp RWD car is going to be in the UK :)

I don't anything above 100BHP is really that useable in the UK now tbh Stu.
But I suppose people run & modify cars to such lengths because they enjoy it. I'd say if they were chasing numbers then we'd see figures much higher tbh mate.

Back