• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Shell FuelSave

On the other hand.....

"It lubricates where your normal engine oils can't easily reach, which helps the engine turn more freely and allows more energy to drive the wheels."

It doesn't say you have to use that extra energy for fuel economy ;) cut price vpower?

i saw something on the shell pumps the other day when filling up going on about "the new shell standard fuels are coming" sounds like to me they have just increased the additives they put in their standard petrol then rebranded it thusly.

Added benefit of V Power is the octane, I doubt the octane will be raised in this one.

I have also noticed the sign boards Rossy, I havent bothered asking any of the workers around my area about it though. I'm not being racist or anything but they struggle to tell me the price let alone any queries I have.

shell garage employees in the south east have a prerequisite to not speak any english and have a penchant for card cloning. infact, if they don't list successful scamming and cloning in their previous job experience they do not get the job.

bonus points awarded for: not smiling, all having the same name, talking on blue tooth headset to a friend in native language when taking your card or money.

:lol: So true! All the Shells near me are the same franchise and two very close to each other got caught card cloning. So since then I allways use cash or creditcard just to be sure.

Nope not had any smile at me, I can never pronounce their names so dont bother looking, and these ones use a wireless handset on their landline and talk in their own language. The newest recruit sounds very similar to the Fone Jacker's internet providings man.

just filled up on a tank of V-power and i asked the shell dude what the octane rating is for this fuel save stuff and he said its the same 95ron with additives to save fuel... should answer all your questions

its been in the shell garages for a couple of weeks here. to shell's credit if it does have more additives and it costs exactly the same as what i was paying for the unleaded before then its fine in my book. it will likely be a new sticker, marketing campaign and the geezer at the oil factory sticks a second turkey baster of vpower in.

Last edited by a moderator:
been using it and i think that in my commute shed i'm now getting less miles than before.

I was getting 450miles a tank now it's more like 400.

shell garage employees in the south east have a prerequisite to not speak any english and have a penchant for card cloning. infact, if they don't list successful scamming and cloning in their previous job experience they do not get the job.

bonus points awarded for: not smiling, all having the same name, talking on blue tooth headset to a friend in native language when taking your card or money.

:lol:

I've been using a 50/50 mix of fuelsave and v-power in my ATR. :D

it runs nicely and is (in effect) 97RON shell fuel. Mpg is the same and I'm saving just under £2 a tank by mixing. :D

when you think how much bp ultimate 97, total excellium 97 and esso supreme 97 is, then shell mixing is officially a bargain. :)

Same in the Midlands :lol:

I have had to use this the last 2 times I filled up as there was no V-power. I'm sure my fuel economy is much worse with this. I hope the V-power is back in stock next time.

DId get a nice freebie air freshener thrown in though. :lol:

Thought I'd try this out so be interesting to see what i get- only currently getting 36-39mpg in the Jazz lol

Filled up with this morning with this and went for a long drive, just under 100miles and needle only just dropped off full.

Wasn't a sunday drive either plenty of v-tec. Will report when the tank needs refilling to see if I got any better millage out of a tank.

Im not expecting much more as I read shells website at work yesterday and it says for best results a fill up of 50 litres minimum is required!

Filled up with this morning with this and went for a long drive, just under 100miles and needle only just dropped off full.

Wasn't a sunday drive either plenty of v-tec. Will report when the tank needs refilling to see if I got any better millage out of a tank.

Im not expecting much more as I read shells website at work yesterday and it says for best results a fill up of 50 litres minimum is required!

Broken fuel gauge :rolleyes:

I haven't tried this stuff yet. Only been running VPower since just before it came out...

Back