• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Some Cleaning Tips Please

Afternoon all,

Just need some help please peeps with a couple of cleaning issuses I have, I've used the 'search' button but not getting any answers so thought I'd ask.

First problem,

My girlfriends Mini, front fog lamps starting to rust around base (see pics below) Can this problem be resolved?? I have a tube of 'Krust' would an application of this help or is more in depth work needed.

DSCF2343.jpg

DSCF2346.jpg

Second problem,

My OEM exhuast back box, this has been on my list of 'things to do' but never got round to it.
I need to give it a good clean and polish to remove some ground on dirt, mainly the built up black dirt at bottom of pipes, (again see pics below) what is the best product for exhuast cleaning?

DSCF2347.jpg

Cheers for your help!

in my experience with cleaning exhaust pipes you want to get some autosol metal polish on there.

available from about £6+ in halfords or £4 delivered from ebay. its potent stuff.

Autosol%20Chrome%20polish.preview.jpg

I used this on my exhaust with a micro fibre and I'm really happy with it. If it doesn't move anything try using it with fine wirewool.

Agree with the above, you will need some fine wire wool on the mini. Applying the wire wool with it.

Exhaust - spray with APC and clean well with an old rag. Then fine wire wool with metal polish. Then tar remover on the tar. Then Autosol with microfibre

Well got some metal polish this morning and then after about ten minutes of hard rubbing I could see the silver through the built up black dirt! Gave it a final buff up and the exhuast looks as good as new now!
Just need to get some wire wool now to finish off the girlfriends fog lights but even with a quick coating they look much better!

Back