• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FD2 Some good FD2 pics

what is this dotty going to be a daddy. tarped.

as for 3 door, it's not so bad when they are small, gets hard afte a few months trust me

No daddy dotty FTW but should it happen one has to be prepared :x :lol:

Check out the J's header for this guise.. om nom.

J's Racing header

1450y.jpg

1451d.jpg

1449x.jpg

1534r.jpg

1513yr.jpg

as for 3 door, it's not so bad when they are small, gets hard afte a few months trust me

Yeah I'm starting to feel the weight of miss turdster already. Doesn't help that she's on the 75 percentile weight wise.

Babys/doors, etc, pah!!!

Its all about being able to park your car where you can see it.

If I could do that I would get something nice too. Until then, sub £10K cars it is.

Its all about being able to park your car where you can see it.
If I could do that I would get something nice too. Until then, sub £10K cars it is.

You snob :lol: you can get a nice sub 10k car (S2k for sure). I hated leaving my Fiesta on the road round my gf's and that's only worth £1500 at a push

You snob :lol: you can get a nice sub 10k car (S2k for sure). I hated leaving my Fiesta on the road round my gf's and that's only worth £1500 at a push

I already have a S2000, that some nights I have to park two roads away.

Plays on my mind, not being able to hear the alarm and such.

I live in London.

Try it.

I live in London.

Try it.

I was just saying even with that car it must have been nerve racking leaving it that far away. But two roads is rediculous, bet the insurance on a decent would be killer too.

Yeah,

Its all good living at home with a triple, drive in, drive off drive.

But real life I cant afford that shizz yet.

Having to bump S2000's with GT lips and coilovers up curbs to park it, sucks.

I live in London.

Try it.

Funny you mention this Suits;

Yesterday afternoon a Silver X5 with 'bate blud' hoodlums in it, pulled up outside my house stared at the EP3, stared at the house (assumption; but they appeared to be looking for an alarm) - so blatantly obviously. Certainly weren't admiring the Sky Dish or the cresanthamums (sp) in the garden. cnuts.

I caught a glimpse of them glimpsing to which they moved off. fckuing baits.

I went and parked the car in my sisters garage 3-4-miles away.:(

Jumping to conclusions possibly; but once bitten, twice shy, and all that - wouldn't want it back if it went again - and I've spent a lot of wong on it too.. so preventative measures, however insane, FTW. FTL London though. Ealing sucks - house price fail, can't wait to move soon.

Luckily it's not the daily driver; otherwise this would a pain, even more than it already is :rolleyes:

Stashing keys and that is all good, but if someone is intent on getting at it - I'm not prepared for them to come in to my house and terrorise my Wife/Mum/Nipper/Sis/Me for it - on the same token, I don't want to sell, and give up on the ownership just yet - it is a liabilty for sure though. Catch 22, hates this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just collating some more pics, more for my quick reference than anything.

34694065yp5.jpg

2.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

Courtesy of Chris2000 on the fd2-owners forum :)
IMGP1159.jpg

IMGP1163.jpg

IMGP1165.jpg

Going by the TODA header we had on our EP3 Dotty, regarding the quality, performance and general awesomeness of it, the first place I look for headers now is TODA.

That bit of kit looks amazing.

Going by the TODA header we had on our EP3 Dotty, regarding the quality, performance and general awesomeness of it, the first place I look for headers now is TODA.

100%!:cool:

The FD2 Toda is so nice when it came through it looked so good i actually wanted to keep the car!

Sounded superb on Will's FD2 aswell:twisted:

Yes, I was in Ian's car the other day (guy with the red JDM) and he has a Toda system (not header but cat back) and I was saying to him that the FD2 with a full Toda set up including Gruppe M would suit me nicely :)

It does not come at a cheap price though.. (bear in mind these are old prices)

Went to TDI-North today and got the following fitted:

Hondata Reflash ECU (includes ecu) £645.00inc vat [supplied by TDI-north]
Toda Cat Back Exhaust £752 inc vat
Toda Manifold £740.25 inc vat

Also got a power run but forgot to do the before part doh!

Below are the results and it pulls like a train.

When you turn the engine over there is a nice deep burble from the exhaust and a very small popping noise. On part throttle the noise is a little deeper than standard then when you put your foot down it has a nice deep tone but not droany like some systems. Below vtec there is nice lugging power then as soon as vtec kicks in at 5000 rpm all hell breaks loose and the Toda starts to roar, at 6000rpm there is another kick then at 7000rpm you have your fingers crossed that Mr Plod hasn't spotted you. I thought the standard setup was great but sometimes felt that waiting for 6000 rpm was that little to long or having to change down too many cogs, the extra power low down and the vtec point dropping to 5000rpm feels great without you having to always thrash the nuts off it. The 5000rpm changeover is great on the motorway to, as I found that I was out of the vtec zone most of the time in 6th so is probably a better solution for economy.

This was with a stock airbox which would mean that with something like a GruppeM would probably give quite a few more horses and a bit more torque.

Scan-080821-0001.gif

With Gruppe M added to the mix.

Fitted the GruppeM earlier this week. Took me 3 hrs to install it not something I want to really do again in the near future :crybaby: It's not as straight forward as the DC5 or EP3 as you have to install certain parts in a specific order then strip some more body work then install the airbox, then fit the body panels back on then install the scuttle and finally the scoop. Then if the airbox doesn't quite sit to your liking you have to redo the process again But on the plus side I spoke to Paul at TDI North and he will happily supply and fit it for you, which is probably what I should have done lol.

Anyway back to the GruppeM, it's an absolute beast the sound is amazing, not much louder than standard on part throttle and below vtec but full throttle and vtec it sounds mental. Went through a few tunnels on the way to manchester and it was awesome at full chat, my mate in his car a few cars behind me said he could hear it very clearly even over his loud stereo. It seems to pull much harder in the mid range and the top end, and is willing to pull all the way to the red line and beyond.

On the way back I decided to pop in to see Paul at TDI North to see what sort of gains it had given me if any. So popped it on the Dyno and the results are below.

Scan-080912-0001.gif

So as the dyno shows, some good power made there 8)

Back