• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Someone scratched my new car!

Mop and polish mate should see you right, if you don't want to lash unnecessary note at it. You will be surprised with how well it will come up.

I've been working away for a few weeks so I've not got round to sorting this out yet.

I've got it booked in for next week with the body shop for £150.

I'll take some better before and after shots.

Thanks for all your advice.

i thought that. or someone with a pushchair catching it going by.

It did have black plastic/paint in with the scratch before I polished it and the side skirt was badly scratched at the same time but that's not as noticable.

Not a bush but I've still not got a clue what did it???

It did have black plastic/paint in with the scratch before I polished it and the side skirt was badly scratched at the same time but that's not as noticable.

Not a bush but I've still not got a clue what did it???

i think they'll do you a decent turn mate. perhaps consider where you park or how close to the pavement if you think it may have been done like that. hope it comes out ok though mate.

Just a thought they will be respraying the side skirt and that has a Type-R sticker on.

What do you guys think would be best take them off both sides and leave them off or remove off the one side and find a replacement?

If I do end up sticking one back on do you think I could get Honda to put it back on for me as I know I'd make it wonky.

Also what is usual practice for a body shop. The quote has been verbal and I trust the guy but should I look at getting a written quote to cover my arse?

something in writing would help if anything turns sour. good luck mate, I had something similar when I purchased my car but most of it polished out.

I can have a go at the scratches for you, for say, £20. It'll need washing, claying and then light light machining, working my way up.

DE12 is my postcode if you're interested.

Do this, they don't look deep and £20 for a clay/clean is a bargin.

DSCF2118640x480.jpg

DSCF2120640x480.jpg

DSCF2121640x480.jpg

DSCF2124640x480.jpg

I forgot to take many more befores, but as you can see it's 90% corrected. There are a few deeper scratches that won't machine out, but not noticeable.

Cheers

Thanks. I forgot to take pics of the door before. But oh well, you can see what it was like on the first post.

Nice chap too!

I've got some more before photos (not as good as ^Joes)

DSC01252.jpg

DSC01251.jpg

I'm really happy with ^Joes work, it does look much much better. You have to look for them now to see any of the marks.

Thanks again ^Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
Back