• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Soooo it's not a Honda

Good work Char :) .

I drove a 55 plate one of these back from Le Mans in 2009 after my mate got clocked doing 136mph and was nailed for it.

3.0 too, very smooth.

Think twice about splitting the rims, they will look much smaller if you two tone them !!!

Very nice. A lad at work has one of these and it always catches my eye. They sound nice as well.

Good work Char :) .

I drove a 55 plate one of these back from Le Mans in 2009 after my mate got clocked doing 136mph and was nailed for it.

3.0 too, very smooth.

Think twice about splitting the rims, they will look much smaller if you two tone them !!!

It's just the face we are thinking of doing, one of the lads at work has the roadster (ghey) with the same wheels and faces a different colour, it looks really good. We will see :)

It's just the face we are thinking of doing, one of the lads at work has the roadster (ghey) with the same wheels and faces a different colour, it looks really good. We will see :)

Ah right cool, if you've seen and its looks good then thats alright, when I was looking at splitting my Super Advan's, I noticed that two toning them really makes them appear smaller, lol !!

24/05/13

We picked up the car on 24th May 2013 from the BMW dealer Wollaston Motors in Northampton with 37,388 miles on the clock. The car traded in was a Honda Accord Type R (153,106 miles), very reliable which we hope the BMW will stand up to.

Out with the old
ByeByeAccord1.jpg

ByeByeAccord2.jpg

In with the new
Dealers.jpg

Dealers2.jpg

Forgot to get a pic at the dealership of the clocks but at the first fill up
FirstFill.jpg

The car bodywork is in pretty good condition but the aluminium interior is a little tatty from rings from the previous owners, in anticipation of this we had already ordered some 3M carbon vinyl, which Si applied to the interior handles as soon as we arrived home. The bigger pieces will be done over the coming weeks.
FirstMod.jpg

IMG_5319.jpg

25/05/13

Roll onto 25th May, we awoke to an amazingly sunny day, perfect to make a start on the deep clean.

Before we began, pretty clean really and would be OK for most people
IMG_5271.jpg

Snow foam
IMG_5276.jpg

IMG_5277.jpg

IMG_5278.jpg

Meguiars shampoo
IMG_5282.jpg

IMG_5286.jpg

Washing off
IMG_5289.jpg

Claying (first clay off the roof!) with Zanio clay bar and lubed with Dodo Juice Time to Dry and Meguiars Last Touch
IMG_5296.jpg

APC of the shuts
IMG_5302.jpg

Polish with Dodo Lime Prime, swirls were very minimal so opted for the blue Sonus pad on the PC
IMG_5303.jpg

IMG_5316.jpg

Glaze with Meguiars #7, again using the PC with a blue pad
IMG_5326.jpg

Auto Glym Extra Gloss Protection was then applied followed by Dodo Diamond White Wax.

The glass was cleaned with Meguiars Glass Cleaner and the exhaust tips wet sanded and then Autosol metal polish applied.

Si attacked the engine bay, tbh it was pretty clean anyway just needed a little spruce up. It doesn't look like the car has been driven much in the wet, if at all
IMG_5308.jpg

All products used
IMG_5337.jpg

Final results
IMG_5327.jpg

IMG_5331.jpg

IMG_5333.jpg

IMG_5338.jpg

IMG_5344.jpg

IMG_5349.jpg

One of the small defects on the car was a slight scuff on the offside rear light, using the rotary polisher with a yellow pad and Meguiars Plastix
IMG_5310.jpg

Before
IMG_5312.jpg

After
IMG_5315.jpg

One real annoyance, which we missed at the dealership was slight lacquer peel on the nearside front side skirt, a call to chipsaway will be imminent
IMG_5322.jpg

The wheels had Meguiars Endurance tyre gel applied but were only cleaned with shampoo, they are in such a state they will soon be going for a refurb. Alloy wheels are not a BMW strong point it seems!

The interior deep clean will follow soon to!

Wish list:
Uprated brake hoses
Ferodo DS2500 Brake pads
Alloy refurb
Finish interior 3M wrapping
Possible OEM carbon fibre rear spoiler
Chipsaway to repair lacquer (side skirt)

Last edited by a moderator:
Never had you down as a cleaning freak Char - That is some serious dedication there !!

I get bored after 10 minutes.

Carbon spoiler sounds wicked.

I refurbed a set of my Honda S2000 wheels in BMW anthracite, they came up outstanding.

Good luck.

Never had you down as a cleaning freak Char - That is some serious dedication there !!

I get bored after 10 minutes.

Carbon spoiler sounds wicked.

I refurbed a set of my Honda S2000 wheels in BMW anthracite, they came up outstanding.

Good luck.

Really? Used to be very obsessed with it, let it slip a bit lately though.

The spoiler looks great but is a lot of money for what it is, so we shall see. Modifications do seem a lot cheaper for the BMW.

Great write up. Wish I had to courage to buy a DA/rotary polisher.

I've always been a fan of these though, how are you finding it so far?

Nice motor Lottie,

now you've gone for a Beemer you'll struggle to come away!... On my 3rd now!

As for your lacquer peel, BMW have a 6 year warranty on their body/paint but will entertain claims outside of this on goodwill from time to time. Being as you've only just got it, I'd hope that the garage you brought it from (if they have their own bodyshop) will sort it regardless.

Worst they can do is say no!

Phil

Will we see spinning BMW down paddock hill soon?

I don't think so tbh, it is what the EP3 is for. Wouldn't mind doing a North Weald day in it though to get rid of the run flats.

Great write up. Wish I had to courage to buy a DA/rotary polisher.

I've always been a fan of these though, how are you finding it so far?

Don't be put off by the DA, you would have to be very incompetent to cause any damage and pretty much hold the pad on the paint work for a fair amount of time.

So far pretty good, the bonnet is looooooooooong and takes a bit of getting used to, the instant power is very nice but I'm already missing the Vtec maybe ill overcome it but somehow I think we will always have a Honda in our lives (hence the EP3 staying).

Interior space is pretty much non existent, not even anywhere to put my small handbag (not that this will worry you!) when you have passengers. The boot is a very decent size considering so think this will get well used. Fuel consumption is very good for a 3 litre. Around 32mpg average at the moment.

Nice motor Lottie,

now you've gone for a Beemer you'll struggle to come away!... On my 3rd now!

As for your lacquer peel, BMW have a 6 year warranty on their body/paint but will entertain claims outside of this on goodwill from time to time. Being as you've only just got it, I'd hope that the garage you brought it from (if they have their own bodyshop) will sort it regardless.

Worst they can do is say no!

Phil

Thanks for the advice, trouble is we travelled a fair distance to collect the car and the cost of returning it to the dealership would probably be the cost of the chipsaway repair. Maybe we could try our local dealer but I doubt we will have much luck. I think it comes with a 10 year corrosion warranty but obviously that wouldn't cover this, just so annoyed we didn't spot it, we went over the car with a fine tooth comb.

Back