• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Spoon earth kit

Is there a guide anywhere on how to fit this?

I can for the life of me work it out! LOL

Or am I just being dumb?

Is there a guide anywhere on how to fit this?

I can for the life of me work it out! LOL

Or am I just being dumb?

Try looking in the how to section. Then try looking in the how to series sticky. Then try looking in the fitting a Spoon earthing kit clicky.

Cheers mate

Tried to search infact tried for like an hour LOL

Be getting it fitted now then :)

Shame the how to's don't show up In the searches :(

And heated garage with mega lighting is handy :)

Shame the how to's don't show up In the searches :(

O rly?

Orly.jpg

I think that's classed as 'owned' is it not? LOL

I would try show you it didn't when I did it on my iPhone but I can't do print screens on there LOL

I'm sorry :( thread closed

All fitted now and I'm officially a gimp :(

Any feedback mate...

Does the car feel the same, do you have any other mods etc etc

The theory behind Earthing kits of course makes sense, but you're unlikely to feel any noticeable difference with one fitted.

I've got one of LeeH's kits fitted and if anything, the windows aren't as slow going up when you've got other electrically draining things on such as the lights. This may just be my imagination though.

At worst, It's a bit of engine bling.

The theory behind Earthing kits of course makes sense, but you're unlikely to feel any noticeable difference with one fitted.

I've got one of LeeH's kits fitted and if anything, the windows aren't as slow going up when you've got other electrically draining things on such as the lights. This may just be my imagination though.

At worst, It's a bit of engine bling.

Ah, so it just makes the current stronger does it?

My passenger side window goes up so slowly it's painfull :( .

Ah, so it just makes the current stronger does it?

My passenger side window goes up so slowly it's painfull :( .

This is the theory behind it.

The grounding kit reduces electrical noise, thereby smoothing power delivery and improving throttle response. The reduction in electrical interference helps improve the efficiency of the engine, reclaiming lost power

Basically, The earthing kit short cuts the route back to the negative terminal on the battery by having the kit strategically attached to certain areas of the engine bay. This improves the response of stuff running from the battery.

I agree with Jermal

Doesnt make any noticeable difference just seems to stop the lights dimming whn you put the windows up and things like that,

Think im missing a wire though after reading the tutorial last night :confused:

Only have one length of it (the one that splits in 2)

the tutorial seems to say there are 3 points and the battery

ah well its on :lol

So the spoon logo is a stick on?

I've not seen one in the flesh! Nevermind someone's fallen for it and it's gone now!

Found out where this kit was from, it's a Funkypower job.

http://www.funkypower.co.uk/catalog...year=&level1=&level2=&level3=&id_product=4605

redearthingkit_large.jpg

I ended up doing the buy it now on this thing because I didn't know what the Spoon kit looked like. Still, £24 delivered is cheap for any earthing kit! :lol:

However it hasn't arrived yet, it'll be a week tomorrow. I think the guy was a bit annoyed when I said I didn't think it was genuine Spoon. Ho hum. Maybe a paypal claim in the pipeline....

The problems with the generic kits are...

1. There will be no instructions telling you where to put them, i.e. the paths of most resistance.

2. They look shit.

I have some ready this week so PM me if anyone wants a custom made kit.

Back