• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ste's Bronze FN2 **Car sold and gone**

Yeh? Hardly see many about tbh!

Civic is in for full FRS today, hopefully get it done for tomorrow without any issues!

Well I'm Burscough/Rufford but I recognised the old Hattersley on your first page.

FRS is being done where? Got all my stuff done @ Grinspeed - very well done/priced.

Views on the M3 aswell? I'm thinking of getting one next year.

Car looked well on Friday at oulton, wasn't hanging about at all

How are you finding the hsd's?? Looking at these got my ep3

Car looked well on Friday at oulton, wasn't hanging about at all

How are you finding the hsd's?? Looking at these got my ep3

Thanks man, hsd's?

Lots to update but I just haven't had the time!
FRS all done to my requested specs.
Did a trackday on Friday at oulton park, happy with the handling but had major brake issues.
Went to drive the car Sunday and was struggling to select gears/getting stuck in gear and whining noise on clutch bite.

Removed gearbox today and found brand new oem honda clutch had failed in less than 200 miles!
Ordered a exedy clutch for tomorrow so will try get the time to sort it but I'll only have an hour or so.

Is that garage Budget on county road? Or platts Lane tyres in Burscough. Looks familiar!

I'll be knocking around this weekend. Will keep an eye out!

Is that garage Budget on county road? Or platts Lane tyres in Burscough. Looks familiar!

I'll be knocking around this weekend. Will keep an eye out!

Its neither mate, it's the ball joint center in Liverpool, I always get any geo work done by them as they are very very good with hunter laser gear.

lol I'll wave! Do you drive up hol born hill often? See a Milano red one driving up there fairly often

So my new clutch had failed in 200 miles (now replaced with a exedy clutch)
Here's the pics of it!

Yep, not a type error. 200 miles.

The pressure plate just fell to pieces, it wouldn't select gears properly and got worse very quickly.
When I removed it you could see the same to the clutch and marked flywheel bolts.

It's not what you want is it? I had 5 clutches in my FN2 during my ownership.

Yeh, really enjoyed lying under my car in the driveway in the rain removing the gearbox lol.

So, fitted some accord type r calipers and discs as a small upgrade for the time being.
Did this on my s2000 (just the calipers) and found it doubled the pad life on track.
I'll see how it goes with the atr discs as they are slightly thicker being 28mm over the original 25mm which should help with cooling.

So, after always killing brakes on track I decided to invest in a big brake kit.
I wanted very high quality and the biggest I could get under standard wheels, so I was torn between ksport's 355mm kit or stoptech's 328mm kit.
On the face of it I was more torn towards the ksport kit due to its 355mm discs are also 32mm thick whereas the stoptech are only 28mm, the stoptechs promised better quality from the kits I'd seen and the research I'd done. I was disappointed to find stoptech didn't do a bigger version of the 328mm kit.

I also wanted the kit to have a floating discs, for ksport this was a optional extra whereas the stoptech is floating standard. Another consideration was to have a good choice in pads and disc replacement and obviously the cost of replacements.
Stoptech won this battle too, so the only thing making me want the ksport was the bigger and thicker discs.

So, I looked into stoptech kits available and found that they do a 355mm x 32mm the S2000.
I was convinced I could get to fit and splashed out £2000 for the kit, a little fabrication later and things are looking promising.

I've had to use some eibach hubcentric 15mm spacers for oem wheel clearance but these would be needed on any of the kits.

I'll update this once I've tryed them properly.

Back