• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ste's E92 M3 coupe evolve stage 2

Heard one of these giving it the beans a few days ago. Granted it's not my favourite sounding V8, but it still managed to give me a trouser twitch :lol:

It sounds mega with the pre cats removed and remapped! I really need to get a proper sound clip!

Yes you do! And I bet it does, the x-pipe mod (think it's be mentioned in here before) also produces an awesome sound.

Thanks lads :D

Another small package arrived today, only something small but I hated the chrome so it had been on the to do list!

I did consider wrapping the Oem ones black but I preferred new items.

SSDD wing vents in black.

Assembled

Fitted

I'm still trying to sort the bonnet vents, so I'll get better pics once they are done.

Nice. BMW should give you the opportunity to choose the finish of all the finer touches when you first make the purchase.

Definitely, I think you can add them as extras but you have to buy them and remove the originals.

The 'edition' cars come with those black and the tailpipes black too

I had my bonnet vents and exhaust tips done black today, so here's a few better pics of the exhaust and vents done.
The car isn't clean but you get the idea!

Last edited by a moderator:
Best car you've owned, Ste?

If not, what trumps it? (The Cayman?)

Yeh I'd probably say the best car to be honest, it's just the best compromise.

Its like Jekyll and Hyde, soft/smooth/comfortable and refined with all the mod cons, then you hit the M button and it's fast/fun/poised/balanced/sounds immense.

Its sensible enough but still has that sense of occasion and xfactor that you want in a car, the engine characteristics are much like the vtecs too as it loves to be revved! 8500rpm 4.0 V8 with 451bhp and 315ftlb :D

It will be poised and accurate if you like or be a sideways lairy slag.

Last edited by a moderator:
The black accents are a nice touch, what's the next mod? wheels to go gloss black maybe? Lovely car once again =)

The black accents are a nice touch, what's the next mod? wheels to go gloss black maybe? Lovely car once again =)
I'm not sure to be honest, want a diffuser but not 100% on which one yet!

As I'm going to the ring in 10 days I thought I'd make a cheap camera mount.
I just thought I'd share incase it will help anybody else.

I wanted to have it central in the car next to the driver, so I decided on a headrest mount, It can be used on drivers or passengers seat & face forward or backward. I prefer the drivers seat as once the drivers weight is on the seat you get a nice stable camera.

Get a length of 25mm tubing and drill holes for the headrest posts

Then fit some grommets

I used one of the adjustment mounts for my go pro suction cup, obviously you can use/make many different types of mounts easily.

Pop some black plastic caps in the ends

And all done (I'll probably wrap it in some black cloth tape too)

Fitted in car

I know cameras are supposed to be banned from the ring but I'm just going to try my luck as a lot seem to be getting away with it, I'll always use it on track anyway.

Total cost was maximum £15

Regrettably I'm in the single piece seat camp... But a buddy with an RS4 has done the same thing and gets great footage out of it. Well done! Look forward to hearing about your trip.

Such a classy brute, the E92 M3.

Love it.

IMHO, it looks perfect as it is now. Please don't paint the wheels black.

Back