• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Suits' Cosmic EP3 - ***Oil Leak 08/09/23

Suits

First to flounce
I've bought another EP3.

This won't be tracked or messed with, this has been bought to keep tidy and enjoy.

I'm between company cars and needed a run about, so wanted an EP3. I'll use this over the Spring and Summer then get a new company car later in the year and will look to garage it.

My first EP3 was 6 months old when I bought it, this is will be 17 years old in June - so it's quite the older girl now.

I've picked up a Cosmic Grey, 2006 Premier on 97,000 miles.

It's standard other than a Spoon N1 (I have the OEM back box and it will be swapped out) and appears to have had a normal life thus far, no signs of mods or serious changes.

Things I want for it
  • New Cltuch
  • Wipers
  • Shifter bushes
  • Wheel refurb

I'd like some JDM wind deflectors (I can only imagine these are insane to get hold of now) but thankfully it already has the most important part - JDM mats.

1f184de4-b1e2-4558-bff5-9bbfdafcd7c7.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely! Good plans aswell. I loved my cosmic. Probably my favorite car I have owned but it may be nostalgia and because of the time I spent on it. A clean cosmic is definitely the best EP colour

Cheers guys.

New wipers and OEM back box are on.

From what I can tell from it's vast history and receipts, - it's still on its original clutch !

So I'm going to get an Exedy OEM clutch and get that in there first.

Then I'll see how that effects things and go from there, whether I change the shifter bushes etc...

I will also more than likely get the geo done, I can remember the geo having such a positive effect back in the day, so will pick up some arms and bolts at some point.

Lovely little car.

That looks really nice. When I saw shifter bushes on your change list I thought you could feel slackness through the gear knob? They're great cars, cosmetically my ep3 is a bit rough but its soul is the same as my fk2.

When I saw shifter bushes on your change list I thought you could feel slackness through the gear knob?

I can feel a bit of squish through the whole mechanism to be honest, I last had an EP3 in 2008 and had a new car so I need to rein in my expectations of what is now a 17 year old vehicle.

That said, I'm getting used to it now and have a new clutch going into it in the coming weeks so I'll see how that changes things and go from there.

I'd rather not remove all the bits and pieces to be honest, so I'll see how it all goes.

I'm driving it daily now from this week as I've given my company car back and am very much enjoying it as a daily driver through the lanes to work.

It's easy to forget how taught and eager these cars are even in OEM guise compared to modern, more soft cars. It's also so much more analogue than modern cars and you really feel like you're driving.

I've picked up a few things, new exhaust hanger, gasket and bolts as when I had the Spoon N1 removed I was clear I needed a few consumables.

Still not given it a clean though !!!

Very much enjoying being back in one of these :p.

Best colour for there imo and looks a nice clean and tidy example

Cheers man. I searched and PAID for a clean one (as best you can).

Back all those years ago when I had my Night Hawk Black EP3, I always looked at the Cosmic Grey’s longingly and thought that if I ever had my time again I’d get a Cosmic.

So when looking for them this time around there was only one first choice

It's easy to forget how taught and eager these cars are even in OEM guise compared to modern, more soft cars. It's also so much more analogue than modern cars and you really feel like you're driving.
I think peak car era was 2000-2010 or so. A lot of modern cars feel pretty boring however fast they cover ground.

I really fancy an old 205 GTI or similar.

I think peak car era was 2000-2010 or so. A lot of modern cars feel pretty boring however fast they cover ground.

I really fancy an old 205 GTI or similar.

Couldn't agree more. New cars just simply lack soul, as cringe as that may sound to some, it's true. No driver involvement, more disconnected than ever, heavier, filled with tech that you mostly do not need, and on top of that they cost a lot more (like for like models).

OP, lovely EP3, if I was to ever get another it would be in Cosmic also.

Back