• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Suits' JDM S2000

really loving s2k's atm... been keeping my eye on the us forums for a while now! they spend crazy money on them!

i didnt realise i'd missed this thread up until now.

be keeping an eye on it regular to check your updates. deffo heading in the right direction anyway ;)

310 miles out of a single tank the other week.

Outsatnding MPG. All motorway no VTEC.

Most weeks average driving brings in 250/260.

When I first got it I was getting 210/220 :lol: .

Once I get the AEM and other bits on I'm hoping for better MPG.

Suits when are you getting this mapped? Interested to see the results :)

Not sure yet mate.

It's killing me having all these bits just sitting in my dining room.

I'm waiting for MASE to come over from America to map it then, which I was hoping it would have been before Rockingham TBH but what can you do??

I have had those parts sitting there now for about two months now :( .

I've killed my CAT too which is making it worse and whispy at 3/4K rpm's.

S2000 FTW, I had a sit in Jays yesterday and realised that I fit in them now, and apparently you can get a lowered seat rail which would be perfect. Been looking at yellow ones this morning lol

Not sure yet mate.

It's killing me having all these bits just sitting in my dining room.

I'm waiting for MASE to come over from America to map it then, which I was hoping it would have been before Rockingham TBH but what can you do??

I have had those parts sitting there now for about two months now :( .

I've killed my CAT too which is making it worse and whispy at 3/4K rpm's.

How much power are you expecting from the remap? Just getting it mapped to give it more midrange/more drivable?

S2000's are like DC2's, don't get much from remaps because the engines are almost at the limit already. Unlike the K20's which have the VTC to give them like an extra 40bhp+ lol.

How much power are you expecting from the remap? Just getting it mapped to give it more midrange/more drivable?

Well TBH Im not really concerned with high figures alothough I'd be lying if I said I didnt want to see 260bhp :D .

MASE reckons he gets 8bhp out of a standard car, UK spec, so having a JDM with the 247bhp that would see me at 255bhp, but I dont know how the engine is in terms of what power it still has, it is 11 years old.

Put with that my header, decat, exhaust and filter and It should be good for 255bhp I would have thought.

More that that though, as you said, I'm doing it for more low down pull and better drivability, plus im a sucker for modding so I cant help it.

Its a quick car as it is, I just want it to be running as safely and as well as it can.

Spot on.. have you not been tempted to just take it down to the Frenchman ? Not doubting MASE though, from what I've heard he's the dogs bollocks..

Worth the wait for ~10bhp though ?

What I mean is that Mase is one of the best mappers in the world with the S2K. No offence to Romain, but his experience with S2K's will only be limited in comparison. I know who I'd rather have map the car if given the choice.

It's not all about the end figure either (although he'll see more than 10bhp I'm sure).

Spot on.. have you not been tempted to just take it down to the Frenchman ? Not doubting MASE though, from what I've heard he's the dogs bollocks..

Yeah, I spoke to Romi when I first got the car, we spoke about possible ECU upgrades and the like.

I am very tempted though as you say.

Thing is, I know MASE is coming over very soon and with all I have heard about him Im really keen to give him a try.

Its just a case of being patient.

Nickhelp.jpg

newthumb2.jpg

newthumb.jpg

Back