• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Suits' JDM S2000

So it was the front compliance bushes then Nick? If your car was in Spec then its no great shakes tbh.
Glad you got the thumbs up on the car mate

All in all it was a bit of an overkill to go all the way down there for just an oil change, but having someone you trust and knows what he is on about give you the thumbs up, is something thats hard to find. So not all is lost.

QFT!

Glad the car got the all clear aside from the bushes. Was a weight off my mind when Tom had a good look over my Integra at the first service since it was a fresh import, you never know!

As others have said Nick, i love the rims. I think it is no bad thing following what some of the US guys are doing with their S2k's, they seem to have the styling and stance spot on.;)

As per FB, gutted for ya mate, but the nod of approval from the sweary man on the whole car is a good thing ;)

So it was the front compliance bushes then Nick?

Err yeah, might be mate, not sure what they are called, but they are the ones at the front that lie flat if you like, not the ones that are up inside (vertical).

Its a little hard to explain :? :lol: .

More bits arrived today.

JapSpeed decat. Yeah its not TODA or J's, but £250+ for a bit of pipe I'm not buying so this will do for £89 delivered (new).

It has a built in resonator to reduce exhaust boom, (the bulbuss bit), this is why I went for this over the slightly cheaper straight pipes. I'm consious of track day noise limits and with my Mugen set up now its going to be approaching the limits I feel, so every little helps.

Decat1.jpg

Decat.jpg

Also here is the Skunk2 magnetic sump plugs I got from TGM. They come as a pair, but because my gearbox oil was spotless and not changed we didnt install the second one. I now have a spare. Handy.

SumpPlug.jpg

I can appreciate these little updates may be naff but it gives me a good progress tree and is good for future refernce. Plus its my thread anyway :p :lol: .

What are the blue calipers looking like now? Fancy doing another set, I know of some CR-X calipers in need of some TLC... :smt047

I like seeing all the little updates Nick, it is good to gauge what people are doing, and where they are varying to other brands instead of just going for the norm. The De-Cat looks to be pretty good quality, nice welds etc. Hopefully, if you are at JAE, and i can make it this year, i will be able to see the car ;)

Cheers lads :cool: .

What are the blue calipers looking like now? Fancy doing another set, I know of some CR-X calipers in need of some TLC... :smt047

They have died down a fair bit now Chris, which is good.

I'm happy with them now, and you only seem to get little glimpses through the Slipstreams now.

If you want a ever want a hand doing yours mate, give us a shout and ill pop up the A12, I've done three sets now :) .

JapSpeed decat. Yeah its not TODA or J's, but £250+ for a bit of pipe I'm not buying so this will do for £89 delivered (new).

QFT. Phil and Mark welded two flanges onto a section of 80mm pipe to make mine. No amount of R&D can improve a one foot long piece of pipe:lol:

Nice yours has got the resonantor though:cool:

Package from America arrived this morning (Modifry Products) its a ECT (Engine Coolant Temp) Module.

photo2.jpg

This is handy if you are running a AEM ECU as the AEM ECU disbables the water temp gauge on the S2000, which, lets face it, is handy.

Having this module will allow the OEM senor to still work and at the same time enhance its reading capabilites.

As stock the sensor reads at large varients and only lights up 3 blocks, the Modifry one will give me a more precise engine coolant temp reading.

Like this....

ap1_gauge_1comparison.gif

My CAT has also started to wheeze a little, or maybe its the heatsheild, either way its annoying, but will be sorted as soon as the decat is on.

Nifty little bit of kit, i really like what your doing with this, so much so im starting to want an S2k instead of the Scoob...., well that and my love for J's Racing parts.

Cheers, guys :) .

Yeah, all coming together, Im not rushing anything either, doing my research and trying to get it right first time, unlike wasting my time and money on Spoon parts for the EP3.

All of my current parts will be fitted at once and then mapped, so Im looking forward to that.

The only thing thats bothering me is the fact that one of my bushes has siezed and I cant get the FRSU, the car drives straight and handles well, but I just know it could be better still. £450 to fix it :? .

The only thing thats bothering me is the fact that one of my bushes has siezed and I cant get the FRSU, the car drives straight and handles well, but I just know it could be better still. £450 to fix it :? .

I know of someone who is selling a polybush kit who will do a deal ;)

I spoke to the yank last night and August looks 100% mate.

Back