• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Suits' JDM S2000

^Ro did attribute big losses to the fact that Suiters didn't have an airbox lid - when he mapped it.

It was amazing how the car made more power with the bonnet down (logically warmer - so much so that we were suprised on the day), than it did with the bonnet up (supposedly access to cooler air). Obviously it would appear that the bonnet did what it could/tried to compensate for the RAM air effect lost by the absence of the airbox lid - though whether 22 bhp from just a lid is conceivable... who knows..

This is why I wanted to see the same car (anyones) mapped under the same conditions as feasibly possible, but by different tuners. Obviously variables will be present (temp/dyno etc. etc.)

Thusfar, there hasn't been one car that hasn't had mods since it was originally mapped, and then tuned by Mase and has been battered. I don't hate Mase, I don't know him - haven't had a car mapped, like ever... Conversely, I don't know Ro either - to show him any loyalty. But I do want to see comparisons before I dish out the hype - and most importantly, select a tuner for my own Civic - that's what it's about afterall.

It's a great result though, clearly.

Last edited by a moderator:
^Ro did attribute big losses to the fact that Suiters didn't have an airbox lid - when he mapped it.

An airbox lid doesn't make 22bhp. Sun, I know you know Romain etc, but that just sounds like an excuse to me. Jesus, a Gruppe M/ARC wouldn't make that over a standard OEM airbox, so it's just bare lols that this would be down to an airbox lid.

Mase's record speaks for itself. He's a far better tuner, plain and simple.

Don't get it twisted Tone.

If Mase can do a better job - sign me up for a "Mase'd" sticker; It's not like I've ever been one to settle have I - be it front end conversions, parts, or maps - I want what is the best.

I don't need to make an excuse for Ro - he's run my car on a dyno twice, that's about as far as the association goes boss.

I want to see an equal map from anyone v a map from Mase. If Mase trumps them - I'm down with Mase. Standard. I want to be prepared - and if needs be, hold out, if I know Mase is due to come over.

Why would I need to make an excuse? Neither's going to charge me any less or do me any additional favours.

e0f4cb75.png

Does MASE cost much more than any other tuner?

What's the going rate for a map from Romain and then one from MASE? If people don't want to post how much they pay could I have a PM please? I'm not sure if it's sensitive info or not.

IMO I haven't used any tuners to have a car mapped, and I would definately go by word of mouth. Like J@T says, it's good to keep money in our own economy and I agree with that. From opinions on forums if I wanted the best power and a very driveable and enjoyable car then I would rather stick with Eurospec or MASE as they have the best reputation. But as Suits' graph shows an extra 22bhp is very impressive with this type of car (it being NA and not turbo). The figures do speak for themself, but this doesn't knock the capabilites of any tuner.

Great figures there Cardle. I bet you're wll happy.

Nice work - I will be taken for a spin in the one day - for sure :)

LOL I can't remember saying that to be honest, I think it was Lou Connor !

I want all your money to go to the Japanese economy :lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry dude, I must have misunderstood what you said :lol:

In my head I saw this: basically keeping money in our own economy in the sense that UK tuners aren't given a bad rep with people saying that others are better.

Awesome figures mate. The guys said it was one of the strongest cars they're seen when we spoke about it today.
Good work! ;)

Nice one bud, I bet you'll be made up when you get on a dry clear road!

Figures speak for themselves, before and after on the same rollers, same day.

I wonder if he's any good with K20z4s?

Nice one bud, I bet you'll be made up when you get on a dry clear road!

Figures speak for themselves, before and after on the same rollers, same day.

I wonder if he's any good with K20z4s?

Yeah, can't wait to have a good go now once the weather sorts itself out, pushing out an extra 23bhp it will be noticable on the road.

From what I saw and spoke to MASE about he was skilled with all engines, NA, FI big displacement and small. I'm sure he would do well on the K20z4s.

There will be a mapping session next year, so when it comes up bring your FN2 and see what happens :) .

Back