• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Suits' Nissan 370Z

yeah the 1 series is the same NS re: ECU but only for first gear.

Yeah, do you have boost by gear also ??

I new these sort of systems exitsed in FI cars, but didn't know they did in NA ones.

Airfield day Mavis.

I am not sure about boost by gear, i'd have to check, but it is defiently torque limited in first.

Airfiled day would be boss, i'll take a look. and see what I can find.

I just want to do a few high speed turns and díck about with the stability control and traction off.

I've switched the traction off a few times, but it's nuts, not for the road. Yet.

winnah.

booking_zps79e728df.jpg

This is cool.

Fan built 240Z and a fan built 370Z shootout on track.

[video=youtube_share;-VRnBKfPOvw]http://youtu.be/-VRnBKfPOvw[/video]

So yeah, did an airfield day today with Harv at North Weald, it was good.

null-68.jpg

First time I'd really used the car in anger as planned and the first chance to have the computer aids off and see how it really is.

OFF

null-69.jpg

Traction is nuts with it off, it just spins and spins but is really satisfying playing with the launches and controlling it so it fly's. 1st, 2nd & 3rd just spin :lol: . This also makes drifting a hell of a lot easier.

The stability programme is kind of pointless anyway, as you'd try to drive it this hard on the normal roads so I can't really describe how it is without it, it's just easier to understeer and oversteer it, but the traction control is an obvious one.

The morning was raining - bad, but it gave a chance to mess about a bit and play around on the little circuit generally sliding and drifting about. The afternoon dried out and gave good levels of grip so we then switched our targets to improving our times on timed areas.

As well as the infield circuit thing they coned out there was a high speed bent and a tight section with a long sprint in the middle, for our cars this was hard, it was meant for Catheram's, Elise's and the such.

We pretty much just stayed on the circuit and tried to get our times down, which pretty much every time we went out we did.

Here you can sort of see where area and circuits from whatever the hell my sat nav was doing, it seemed to plot stuff for some reason.

null-66.jpg

The car overall was very good, I'm very pleased with it, it grips surprisingly well, when you think you've got no chance it just holds and holds, give it a boot of go and it will slide mind, but generally it's very encouraging.

The brakes were also good, again surprisingly so, I had previously complained that they faded and were soft, but driven that bit harder like you can when you do things like this I didn't get a sniff of anything too bad.

Understeer - A fair bit of this, especially out of bends, but again only if I pushed hard, if I pushed harder the back would step and out and counter it, this in the wet was great fun. A new Geo setting should probably dial a good bit of that out though.

Oversteer - Yeah, loads of it really, whenever you wanted it, so much so it became more fun to try and combat it with the throttle more and get around quick than just sliding around over and over.

We got a couple of vids with the GoPro, we didn't bother in the morning though as it was raining. After lunch it dried out and we started filming our timed runs.

I only got two vids as one didn't record and we just got fed up of swapping them over and fixing the camera, they're all pretty much the same anyway I suppose.

null-67.jpg

Warning - Wind noise is crazy.

[video=youtube;BadZS66joiw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BadZS66joiw&feature=share&list=UU8FcMW0UOh v_O3a57wJ3kTg[/video]

Back