• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Supercharged DC5

DC5 Progress Thread. (JRSC Fitted & Running)

You'll naturally get a small amount of dust off the belt as it flexes about anyway.

If you're pulling 7lb now, the map may need a tweak at the top end.

Tbh, I'm surprise romain didn't suggest belt tension when mapping.

When I had mine done it only pulled 240whp first and Mase said 'not bad for a 5psi pulley.'

I said 'it's not, it's a race pulley!'

So I retensioned it there and then, pulled 280whp straight away. Bit of tweaking and finished at 284whp (about 345 bhp fly)

So I'd get it checked if you can.
If its only mapped for 5psi then it may run a little lean if it's now got a few more lbs.

Yeah I'm gonna get romain to check the map again and see if theres any more power to be had and that the fuelling is ok,
Boost gauge will be going in soon too so can see if its running close to the 7psi aswell, as for the dust off the belt there doesn't seem to be any now the belts tightened up, but I will keep an eye on it as im expecting it to stretch abit soon as I haven't covered alot of miles since fitting it.

Quick Update:

Car is going into Solid Fabrications Tomorrow for a Full 3" system to hopefully free up some power
Have also fitted a K20A2 Crank Pulley to achieve 8psi, just waiting for MASE to come over on the 5th/6th then it will be going in for mapping :) i will post pics of exhaust and results when finished.

Nice car mate.

As I see you're a Spoon whore. Have you thought of getting CR93's?

That in blue would suit your white DC5 IMO.

Nice car mate.

As I see you're a Spoon whore. Have you thought of getting CR93's?

That in blue would suit your white DC5 IMO.

Cheers bud I must say I haven't considered different wheels except for the RPF1s in black... Have a slight soft spot for those :)

http://www.spoonsportseurope.net/spoon-sports-racing-wheel-rim-blue.html

Lol. It is 5k? :eek:

I remember my cousin bought this for around £1.9k with tyres.

Turbo Spoon Jazz.

313126_2406509280922_63467_n_zps09267617.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For £1900?!?!?! **** me, I'd have that for under 2 grand!

EDIT: was you meant to put "his" rather than "this"? "This" makes it seem like you're talking about the car.

DC5 Progress Thread. (Custom Exhaust)

I think he meant wheels? Oh course a car comes with tyres!

I love me dc5's but the misses said she didnt like it... bet if she sat in it she would have though.. looks the game.

Back