• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tegiwa imports carbon fibre airbox

Cheers for the welcome.

That was my old GTR yes :) (i'm the NW rep for GTROC)

I make tea, coffee, oh and i photocopy maps for TP to use too ;)

A very interesting read this thread, many a tangent swung from the original OP but very informative in regards to the whole "trader slanging match". It's a pity people that would deem themselves professionals would act like an 8 year in the school playground (aimed at Aaron), but at least this will help people steer clear of the wrong people.

But in regards to this comment,

Not always the case. curve ball...J's racing intake??? (apparently its not as good as the GM and more expensive???)

There's no "proof" saying it's either better or worse than the GM, but I'd like to think that it is at least on par due to the fact that the airbox is larger in terms of internal volume and the cone being alot bigger. I, however, opted for the J's Racing at almost double the price of the GM (thus 4 times the cost of the Tegiwa) due to the fact I thought it looks the complete s*x and I personally want the very best for my car along with the exclusivity of owning something that 98% of people wouldn't even consider spending on an intake system.

There's no "proof" saying it's either better or worse than the GM, but I'd like to think that it is at least on par due to the fact that the airbox is larger in terms of internal volume and the cone being alot bigger. I, however, opted for the J's Racing at almost double the price of the GM (thus 4 times the cost of the Tegiwa) due to the fact I thought it looks the complete s*x and I personally want the very best for my car along with the exclusivity of owning something that 98% of people wouldn't even consider spending on an intake system.

When I have spoken to tuners about intakes and induction and asked the why the GM is the best they have explained its because it draws in the coolest air.

Which is obvious when you think about it.

Not that the J's would bring in less air or anything like that, but that the air has a chance of being warmer due it it flowing under the bonnet and alomst over the engine.

As far as I'm aware there have been no definitive tests carried out, but if I was a betting man I would say the GM would still draw in the coolest air over the J's.

Oh I'm in no mind to say the J's is better, as I agree with the fact that sourcing air from above the bonnet would be cooler than drawing it in via the grill, it's simple physics. But I do feel that the J's would be pretty close in terms of performance, and as mentioned, the way it looked and the exclusivity swung it for me over the GM.

But I do feel that the J's would be pretty close in terms of performance, and as mentioned, the way it looked and the exclusivity swung it for me over the GM.

You could say that any induction kit would be close though, its just about increaseing air flow first, then trying to get the coolest air.

I agree that the J's looks *** best out of the lot, better than the ARC.

When I was sniffin around Murph's old car it looked great in his bay.

That's true, a few could be deemed "close alternatives" to the GM, yet with James posting the readout for his Arc system, it was only 2-3hp down on his GM and it's an open induction system (albeit a very very good quality one) so just from that I'd expect/ hope that mine would only be one or two horsepower down from the GM, if any.

And for your information I have never made any comments about Unit8 or Eurospec, although you would love people to think that.

If you think I am wrong, proove me wrong.:lol:

TDi-North said:
I think your missing the point somewhat.

Seem to remember Unit8 "claiming" to have mapped another TA car last year so why not this one? Guess you have to ask the question. ;)

Not that I care because I really don't, but that did make me chuckle....

Last edited by a moderator:
What I find amusing about threads like this is that one of the main reasons I sold my Skyline was the fact that there was so much infighting and mudslinging between tuners in the community and it was impossible to get any kind of honest opinion on anything without having to cut through about 10 layers of bullshit, agenda pushing, mudslinging, etc. Then I read threads like this and find out it exists in the Type-R community too. :lol:

I guess it's something that just follows all modified car scenes around, but it's kinda disappointing yet amusing at the same time. Starting to think people generally are just better off sticking with main dealers & warrantied upgrade paths, etc - they'll end up getting shafted on prices but at least they won't have to deal with so much bullshit that they as a customer shouldn't have to.

Not that I care because I really don't, but that did make me chuckle....

Wow Lee. Thats taking it a bit out of context where I was trying to defuse a situation unless you have spent ages trolling through the other forums to try and dig up one comment made isn't it? doesnt go quite with Aarons claims of "Constant" digs now does it.
Reality is the tuners get on pretty well together. Feed off each other, buy parts off each other and help each other out. Not a situation forum members would see really. Much more interesting to invoke a feeling of conflict and as it makes for better reading. Just wish people could see how well everyone works together at events like Time Attack where we are all sharing pits, coffee, bbq's, beers and tools! ;)

As a supplier of Gruppe M products - I initially contacted them about this direct copy. I spoke to Hoya, from the sales team direct and he was forwarding the case to his manager. I will update Hoya shortly and see where this currently stands. Not because I'm a bitch, Just because I like to see things done properly and not have anyone ripped off.

Speaking of Rota's ... Cheap brand, Cheap copies, cheap goods. That's why so many people have had failures with Rota wheels cracking and breaking.

Just like with Tegiwa's Sprint Hart wheels, no approval, cheaply made and thats why they crack and break also. You have to be careful and make sure you buy quality goods.

There is a reason why it is more expensive.

As a supplier of Rota Products - would you like ME to initially contact them about this direct libelous allegation ;)

Not because I am a bitch, but there is absolutely no truth in your statement, Rota wheels do not have failures like you are suggesting, ive yet to see a failure in the UK without being involved in an impact.

How many have I sold? well over 100,000 wheels.

If you are saying they have failures, you are either saying.
a) JWL and VIA standards fall short of whats actually needed on a car
b) Rota wheels do not comply with either of the above.

Which is it?

If I were you I would tread VERY carefully, as what you have written is a) on the internet for all to see, and b) is libelous. If your statement causes a customer to not buy a set of Rota's, im sure you would love to pay my lost profit ;)

I would like to point out, that you have also left yourself WIDE OPEN for tegiwa to take you to court.
Just like with Tegiwa's Sprint Hart wheels, no approval, cheaply made and thats why they crack and break also. You have to be careful and make sure you buy quality goods.

I would be willing to bet that GruppeM HAVEN'T patented anything about their airbox, and therefore haven't got a leg to stand on.

I assume I won't be hearing anymore from you ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back